Cruise Control Connector Location

• It´s gotta be in range of the loom. This much is certain.
    Where/when did you get the loom? Parts catalogue lists this as NLA.

Is there anything remotely similar to the offside strand of wires underneath the dashboard on your driver´s side?

I am wondering why nobody with a RHD car and cruise control is chiming in ;)

One can only and again emphasize: these plugs are hidden well and sometimes not even close to where you´d expect them. They just come with a longer stretch of cable bound back ...

Sorry to not be able to offer more helpful advice... :dontknow:

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Have you looked behind the speaker enclosure in the left footwell? or I suppose possibly the right if they didn't wire them all as world cars.
    If I remember correctly the clutch switch connector was listed there when I was looking to do a manual conversion on the 840 long ago. Still have the bits and a 20k mile M62 with a six speed for doing that but not the enthusiasm to actually do it anymore.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Hi Terry,
    Yes, I've had the speaker out on the left side and probed all inside the void behind it, with endoscope and lit mirror. I did discover a hidden rust spot while I was in there - just under the bundle of wires entering from the wheel arch.

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• I know I can't add anything crucial with this, but I have found a couple of Pics of my retrofitting.

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/39924/8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/39923/

I see the X76 connector very close to the clutch switch, so it has to be close to the pedals :dontknow:.
    Back then I had no difficulty at all to find it (I know, I know... left hand drive and so on... ;) :mrgreen:).

Good luck!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!