Emissions!?

• Hello All,

Took my car for its yearly ITV (MOT), and all ok except for emission test, it failed! I don't know if it's possible to get an idea of what is at fault by the reading, but here they are...

There is less than a 300km's on the car from last year to this year.

Last year CO Ralenti 0,02% Ralenti acel.: 0,01% - Lambda: 1,006
    This year CO Relenti 0,71% Ralenti acel.: 0,49% - Lambda: 1,009

Does this make any sense to anyone? I'm sure there's articles about emission issues on here somewhere so will be checking them out anyway, but if anyone can direct me to a good article about a process of ilimination to sort this out, that'd be helpful and appreciated.

Regards,

Ivan

01/1994 E31 840i M60 European LHD automatic, prod code EF61

• Ok, so have found plenty stuff on here to be going on... The car hadn't been driven for a few months, started it up and went straight to the center, about 30 minutes away, car was then standing for an hour and a half not running before they actually done the test... Could that be the problem?

• It certainly could - a good drive before the test helps a lot. I always book my MOT for the first of the day and then give the E31 a good blast on the way there to arrive a few minutes before the test - and with it's 200 cell cats it just squeaks through.....

• Cheers Timm,

I'll find somewhere that does emission tests, and give that a go to see if it works. At least the MAF is ok, I done the unplugging it while engine was running, and it just change tempo a bit, but didn't stall...

Cheers Again,

Ivan

• Thanks for the advice. Took the 8 for a really good drive before going for it's ITV (MOT) review. It not only passed, but the emissions came back as 0.0%!? Go figure. Maybe someone put a Tesla motor in it when I wasn't looking! It was a different station to the first one, I guess their machines aren't all calibrated to the same level?

Happy days anyway...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!