Idler Arm replacement

• Hello dear friends

Can anyone provide me with a 'link to' or a 'how to', replace the idler arm.

I have spent ages searching for information and got bored so thought I would just ask all you lovely helpful people:grin2:

Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance.

Cheers
    Graham

• Thank you Bernhard,

Yes that was the best one that I came up with as well and probably nearest to the e31. It looked straightforward enough but was a bit dark and shaky wasn't it!

Its easy enough to take it to the garage but I enjoy and prefer doing these little jobs myself when I am aware of all the likely pitfalls.

Perhaps its not a job anyone on this forum has ever done before:dontknow:

Take care
    G

• Hi Graham,

I myself did not yet have the need to replace the idler arm, but would be surprised if nobody here had to do that in the past. Perhaps such person will chime in during the holidays, when we are all sitting at home being bored or fiddling around in the garage :laugh:.

Cheers, Bernhard

P.S.: Maybe a nice beer will help to cope better with the shaky video :laugh:

• We live in hope Bernhard,

There has been no problem steadying the ship with a few beers and even the odd whiskey during this lockdown:laugh:

I just can't believe that with all the time I have had on my hands of late I only discovered today that I need a new V belt:banghead:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!