1991 850i Check Brake Linings Light

• I recently changed the brakes on my '91 850i.
    But the"Check Brake Warning Light" is still illuminated. What did I miss?
    Mia

Was the light lit before you changed the pads? If so, then you need to change the sensor that attaches to the pads as well. If you did the job yourself you noticed that little thingy that clipped into the pads, I think it is left front and rear right, no?
    If a shop did it for you, consider a new shop as they should know this.....
    Regards
    Carl

I'm sure you're familiar with it, but here's some pics for some of the other folks interested in doing their own brake jobs. It's that green thing at the top, and you need two - front left and right rear.

You can replace them while the pad is on the car if your careful and have a LONG needle-nose pliers. Make sure the "bump" is facing the disc.
    Mark

Mark, can these malfunction?
    My mechanic said that I was at the rear sensors back in April....
    and now ~15-25k mi. later....
    I'm still w/o a OBC message.
    Is the sensor malfunctioning or am I still within the allowable limit...but after 6 months and 20k. mi ?
    Dr T

The sensor is just a loop of fine wire that's broken when the brake disc abrades the plastic covered wire and opens a circuit. Not very high-tech, so I'll assume you're still within limits. Hell, given the amount of pad left even after breaking the wire, you've got plenty of time to change pads.
    Mark

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!