2001 Pacific Northwest

• <center></center>

As told by Guy Simpson

The weather couldn't have been more perfect. Sunny and warm.
    8's were arriving from the Seattle and surrounding areas, Portland Oregon, and Vancouver British Columbia Canada.
    We finally all arrive at our host's home on the Puget Sound shoreline.
    The view from this residence is breathtaking...
    Refreshments were waiting while we mingled and put faces to the names we've seen so many times on the various 8 message boards.

The following photos on the driveway showcases a traffic jam of bahn burners :
    10 850's, 1 750, M6, 507, SL600, and a RENNTech E60 4 matic.
    12 V12's!!!

<center></center>
    <center></center>
    <center></center>
    <center></center>

The 507 was an unexpected bonus for us as we originally were told it wasn't coming.
    Not having seen one before was a real treat !
    Then engine bay was immaculate, you certainly can tell where the new Z8 gets so much influence.
    I think I'm correct in saying it's the only running model in Canada.

<center></center>

The RENNTech was an impressive automobile.
    Physically about the same size as an e38 BMW 7er but will crush any stock and many modified e31's in a race. 0-60 in 4.3 seconds! Wow!

This car is to be featured in a Road and Track magazine exposé soon. I think the October issue.

<center></center>

Well before we knew it, it was time to head to lunch.
    So were off !!! I've never seen a column of 8's snaking their way through town and it's a beautiful sight.

<center></center>

For lunch we engaged the services of one of Seattle's finest restaurants solely for this function.

Here is the menu we were presented with. It still makes me hungry just reading it. Delicious.

<center></center>

After lunch we proceeded to some nearby locales to try and set up some photo ops.
    On our way there we happened by a car wash with a female Z3 in the queue.
    She exclaimed as we drove by "Look! A whole family of BMW's"

I guess I'm not the only one impressed by a column of 850's !

<center></center>

Strange things start happening when a bunch of car buffs get together, and in our case the Seattle Police were called out to investigate our troublesome nature.
    Apparently one motorist was upset because we blocked the driveway so we had to have the last two 8's, a L/G and Calypso, constantly moving in and out of the lineup. Great work guys!!!

The officer who responded was a mean looking snarly chap, who enlists the help of a large teddy bear as his sidekick.
    But that tough guy demeanor didn't put off one of our female guests shown here telling the officer.

"Just peddle your buns on out of here buddy, or I'll kick your...."

<center></center>

We've just parked in to determine our next course of action.
    Jim is trying desperately to escape the lens while everyone else huddles to prepare for a couple of group pictures.

Sorry the lighting was too contrasty for film so were showing two hoping everyone can be seen in at least one.

<center></center>

We have arrived at our final destination.
    Nice and quiet but there are important tasks which must be completed before any more pictures.
    Here's Don who's had a bit of bad luck.

"Damn birds!"

<center></center>

Emir says "Look at that! you are clearly 1cm too far forward and you have to move it or it will make the picture look bad,
    N ow it wouldn't be so bad if it were a white car but with green it's really gonna show"

Jason replies "I don't know, I think your being too picky"

<center></center>

Finally a nice panoramic shot of all the cars..

<center></center>

Insert drivers

<center></center>

Wait!!! HOLD EVERYTHING!!!

I almost forgot to mention we had a contingent of 8's and a M1 Art Car from a Hollywood California club who we were extremely fortunate to have with us because they left for Seattle way back in February after shooting a new science fiction movie tentatively called

"Honey I shrunk the 8's" So here they are :

<center></center>

And after some synchronized swimming lessons, the 8's are poised in an arrowhead formation.

<center></center>

And here is yours truly, the designated PJ, for the poster shot.
    Look carefully in the very back of the parking lot of the last photo and you'll see two Ford Explorers SUV's.
    Guess who they belong to, Burlington Northern Railroad Police Dept, they arrived just before this shot.

Does everyone think when a bunch of 8's get together it's a drug lord meeting? Strange to have so much supervision, huh?

<center></center>

It was a thoroughly enjoyable day and I can't wait until the next meet when we break the Bay Area 8's World Record of 11 e31's.
    We were close with 10 but nobody remembers second place! :D :D :D :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!