Does anyone know if a throttle body spacer will benefit an 8

• Does anyone know if a throttle body spacer will benefit an 1997 840ci? I heard it can increase HP by 15 hp?

• 8s

pheedog
    i do not know but i may know a man who mit.
    reply back in private and i will give you his e-mal address.
    regards
    neil

• My guess would be No.

I believe that a spacer is used to tune Runner length for specific rpms. Flow straightening and charge speed?

Both the V8 and the V12 have a Chamber after the throttle and then the Runners to the intake port. The V12 are the tubes crossing the top of the engine(Intake manifolds) and would be quite difficult to do any tuning on without a new casting.

The V8 versions are internal to the plastic intake manifold and are at max length now. The tube inlet is at the bottom of the side opposite the cylinder and the tube loops over the top and straight down to the port/valve.

It might be possible to simulate shortening them but making them appear longer would be near impossible

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!