Got on here at last!!!

• Hello folks, after much struggling have managed to register on this site. Have owned a '93 granite silver 850Ci for the last year and love it! Have just bought a new set of Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres at a good price and hope to get a fair mileage out of them. These 8's get through tyres at quite a rate don't they?
    Have done lots of little jobs on the car over the last 12 months but still need to replace the A/C condenser and drier before the summer. Has anyone on here done this themselves or know how to attack the job?
    I'm getting around 19 mpg overall but feel I should be getting nearer 22 as I don't drive the car hard.
    Can anyone explain the EHL system fitted to the car?

Cheers,

John.

E. Yorkshire, UK

K8PPL 1993 850Ci

• Welcome to the club, 19 miles per gallon, if a gallon is still 4 litres and a mile is 1.6 k, thats a pretty good average, i get 5 klicks to a litre, thats about 12,5 miles to a gallon, no? yes? :cry:
    that with 1.16 euro to a litre, now i know what i work for :roll::roll:

• EHL

G'Day Mate

19 mpg is pretty good - must be only driving on Sundays or don't have too many traffic jams. I could only manage 17mpg as an average ( 850 CSi ) for travelling to and from work near London and that was not going over 70mph ( not that you can ). However, I did manage an average of 24mpg going over to Brussels with an average of 100mph ( night driving ). Can't imagine what it would have been if I stuck to the speed limits !!

Regarding your question about EHL - do you mean EML ?? If so then its the switch between Sport and Komfort. Basically, it adjusts the mapping in the ECU so that you get better and faster throttle response. Bit like having the ECU chipped. I read an article posted on Roadfly where fitting a SuperChip on the CSi had only a 3hp gain so the guys at M-Sport had it about spot on.

Martin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!