Old newspaper article

• could be a worrying time for people who have been buying cars, i guess it emphasises how important it is to have it checked out as fully as possible

• Zitat von frank

quote....two 8-series worth hundreds of thousands of dollars....unquote :shock::shock::shock:

Anyone in Australia wanna buy my car?????? :lol::lol::roll:

the australian dollar is worth less than the US dollar.

brand new, the 8 series would easily be $150k Aus Dollar.

• Being born in Australia, yes i do know the diff. between the us and the australian dollar, still .........hundreds of thousands of dollars.........

this article was published february 2003. which brand new
    8-series you are refering to??????? :roll::roll:

• i thought they making these cars in 1999, but y guys are a long way from the civilized world :lol::lol:

thats a lot a money for a used 8-series, still euro 60.000..???

you must have paid a lot of money for your then???pls inform.......
    inquiring minds need to know.... 8)

• Civilised world....hey we have moving stairs in shopping centres here too! :) But not in QLD, they don't have electricity.

I paid about $68k for a 94 840Ci in 2002 it was $190k new, so I saved $122k in depreciation. :D

Also supply & demand: UK pop. / cars vs. Oz

60,000,000 / 3004 = 19,973 pommies / e31
    19,700,000 / 289 = 68,166 aussies / e31

But it costs more to ship them half way round the globe to the southern hemisphere by sea rather than whack them on a car freighter from the Dingolfing plant. We have one BMW spares flight approx every 2-3 weeks. Can suck when local BMW main warehouse has no E31 spares and you miss the flight.

I put the tstars, springs etc on later. 840Ci sport spoiler kit will be next...or may a Gold98RON powerchip from powerchip.com.au ..... Mmmmm drooool.

Ian

Oh yeah last made in 1999, but some still registered in 2000.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!