Washer system fill up....

• Hi all,

I am confused on how to fill up my windscreen washer Large cap (No.2)!!!!

I looked at my manual and see that there are 3 points to fill.
    Two points at the engine bay where its splits into intensive and Large cap.

The other one is ARK which is is located on the rear bumper.

Basically, the Large cap is sealed and cannot open. Only the intensive and ARK is possible to open and fill.

I want to know, how can I fill the No.2?????

I have filled the other ones. Hoping that the ARK will pump to my front large tank!!!!

After fill left it for 2 days driving... THE NO.2 IS still EMPTY!!!!!

Please help.

thanks in advance.

• What do you mean by sealed? My washer tank in the engine bay is split into two...the large 'normal' washer tank and the smaller 'intensive' washer tank. Although these are physically attached to each other (moulded from one piece of plastic I think) there is not, as far as I know, any connection between the two as far as fluid is concerned.

I can fill both of these washer tanks separately...they just have plastic caps that flip off. Yours should come off also..if it doesn't maybe it's just stuck with gunk of something?

The tank at the back of the car is for the headlight washer I think (don't have it myself)

• Sniff, Thanks for the reply.

I know what you mean. Yours can fill both sides. My one is sealed!!!! i know its the tank with.... one on the left is smaller and the other on the right side is larger. They are like joined together..... My left one has a cap to lift up and i have filled it up to max, no probs.... but the other (RIGHT tank) cannot be opened!!!! It is 100% sealed. I tried using a flat screw driver to lift it. I just wont open!!! I have looked very closely and u know what??? is was SEALED!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess it was some sort of an update during 97 production on the 840ci4.4 v8 models.

Guess no one else has the same tank as mine.

I will also need to take a few pics to show u what i mean :lol:

However, I will be at my local BMW dealer soon to find out why.........
    will post here soon,.... :wink:

• I got 97 840.

I have 2 white tanks in engine compartment for washer fluid.

The larger of the 2 is for water. It has a hole in centre of the cap- so I don't need to remove cap to fill it up.

The other tank is for the intensive washer fluid and has a red cap.

I also have headlight washers and they fill up via flap on rear bumper (need to open boot to see this)

Someone did tell me once that some in cars - the headlamp washer and main headlamp washer used the same resevoir - and that the front tank filled by filling into the rear flap on bumper. Have you tried that ?

• I fill mine up at petrol forecourt.

The local BP station has a high powered water nozzle on same machine as air compressor. This fits nicely and is very quick.

Thanks for the compliments on Alpina wheels.

They are pretty rare - and took me nearly 4 months to track a set down.

A new set with tyres will set you back around £3K - but I got mine for around half that.

They are the deep dish classics with 9J fronts and 10.5J rears.
    In my opinion were designed for our cars !

Cheers,

Ian

• ian,
    Thanks alot. I will fill up tonight! :lol:

U r lucky to get those wheels at half price. where is the best place to find them if u dont mind me asking?

Or would u like to do a swop???? :wink::wink::wink:

Thanks again.

• Washer fill

Hi Guys

I had the same problem with my 840, and i had a chat with BMW. This is what you are supposed to do if the following applies

2 x tanks under the bonnet, but only one has a cap.
    1 x filler in the boot.

Here goes

1. fill to the brim the rear tank
    2. turn on ign and side lights
    3. operate intensive clean system
    4. repeat (3) until you see the second (caples) tank begin to fill
    5. please note that the intensive system only fully operates every 3mins or so
    6. be patient
    7. sometimes this doesnt work if your rear tank is not full, this can happen if you get an air lock in the tank, cear the breather pipe under the rear boot floor and fill again.

Thats it according to BMW. However they also said that there was a mod available, which gives you a cap for the second tank

alan

• omg - lol - its been driving me crazy . I thought someone had put in another bmw type tank in my 93/850. i've been using a breather off one of my 5 gallon wine carboys to fill up my tank through that small hole. :evil:
    i'm off to go apologize to my car for the names I called it . lol
    ps - i'm surprised that my bmw owners manual just didn't say that.
    and in the owners manual ,it clearly shows a open top resovouir (sp) :roll:

• Hi
    the washer bottles have been a problem here too. I have the boot reservoir version, it is supposed to refil the main one in the engine compartment. However, I had a faulty sensor so there was no message getting back to tell the pump to switch on, and a faulty pump!

Works fine in normal use now, as the level gets low a pump refills the front tank.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!