Tire or Tyre (depending which side of the pond) and rim recs

• I'm new... forgive me.. but i'm learning..

I need to replace my tires/tyres in the near future and want to upgrade to 18 or 19 inch rims.. I have the stock rims on my 93 Ci.. they are nice.. but want to go more.. I really like the 'parallel' and Hamann rims.. (rotors and calipers are in the future also).. does anyone have suggestions and problems with moving to higher diameters.. would love suggestions on tire/tyre recommendations also.. Thanks..

• Hi
    The Dallas Autobahn was really moving the last time I went thru there!! I didn't remember going 90-95mph and being passed by guys towing boats in town before!!

The normally recommended tire sizes in 18" are 245/40 in the front and 275/35 in the back. Some recommend 285/35 in the rear.

I have an apparently odd set of wheels from OZ Racing and have had 265/35s on the front for over 6 months with no rub. I blew the sidewall out of a brand new 255/35 Toyo Proxes on a detour and they were the only size available in southern Coastal Oregon on the Friday before Left Coast 8 Fest. I was lucky that they fit!

See it here!
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com…//showthread.php?t=149432

Yes I shamelessly brag on my toy!!

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• While You are there back up to the main 8 page and select From the "Beginning" and "Show Threads"

It should be mildly entertaining for a while.

If you are so inclined, feel free to join in--great fun to wow the kids with their little toy Bimmers!!

BTW that site allows picture posts direct from your hard drive and the administrator said that there couldn't be TOO MANY 8 pictures posted!!

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Thanks for the advice..

I know what you mean about the Dallas Autobahn.. I hit 120 there last weekend.. just a short burst to get out of the pack.. hehe.. then dropped it back down to 90.. i've driven it alot so I know where the troopers hang out..

I'm joining that other site also.. looks like fun..

• There are only about four 8 owners that post or answer posts with any regularity.

The site is mostly just for fun. I have gotten lazy though. I was running an 8 series picture posts on the BMW general forum every weekend with 500 to 1000 hits before they tapered off. But I ran low on pictures :cry:

All of the rest of you can feel free to pitch in to help teach the kids that two M3s don't equal an 8!!

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• new tires

Well.. I took your advice Terry.. as well as advice from others.. Just replaced my nice stock wheels with 18 M parallel.. with 245.40.18 and 275.35.18 Toyo's..

They make the car ..

I was going to take some pics to post today.. but was rainy and overcast..

you'll see some soon..

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!