cabon fibre bonnet alpina style

• hi

are their any other owners interested in bespoke copy of the b12 alpina style bonnet.

it is fabricated in the usa to apina copy design of 100% carbon fibre thus offering weight saving of around 35 kilos the cost of thisworko f art which can be painted body colour or left natural is £2500 which is nearly £1500 cheaper than the original alpina version

any interest please contact steve parkes iam placing myorder to morrow

all the best steve

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• cabon fibre bonnet

ian thanks for the tip. i ve now checked the roadfly site

it certainly seems to be a bit of a minefield as there

are many differing opinions . however iam now

convinced about my choice 100% carbon fibre

with all the correct mountings i hope its not going

to be costly mistake but then again you dont get

owt f nowt as they say

thanks once more you can have your oppion

in august at show

cheers steve p

• carbon fibre bonnet

hi guys

thanks for your replies, for some reason only picked them up today.

the g power bonnet is available to spcial order but the cost is £3500!!!!!!!

i was quoted £2200+shipping costs,i placed my order only to be told 4hrs

later a mistake had been made on the £ to$ conversion, at the moment

we are sort of like in a mexican standoff and iam getting a bit cheesed off

the american made bonnet i am told is of superior construction being

100% carbon fibre as opposed to g powers bonnet of cabon/kevlar which

increases the weight somewhat however come monday i will persue the
    costs once more

cheers steve parkes

• carbon fibre bonnet

an update for those intrested

the deed is done i have just placed the order for the new louvred bonnet i only hope it lives up to its billing, will let you know more when delivered, i am advised to leave the carbon finish on show, not sure at the moment, please feel free to offer your comments

best regards steve

• Interested to see the finished result and hear your view on what it looks like up close....

Incidentally - why are they recommending the carbon fibre is left unfinished ? Won't this make your car look weird ? Or do they colour code the product for you ?

Also- are there any ducts or similar under the cover to divert air flow from the intake grills ?

Cheers,

Ian.

• carbon fibre bonnet

hi ian
    the guys who make this carbon stuff are usually agood deal younger than most 8 series owners and they like to show people where their hard earnt hasbeen spent,in my conversation prior to ordering i mentioned that i would be painting the bonnet, as alpina did,only to be met bya responce of utter disbelife,all most like i was desecrating his masterpeice so its made me think we ll see.

the two louvres are functional and take heat away from the manifolds the centre naca intake ducts air towards the cylinder heads i think this will be essential when i eventualyget the supercharger

all the best steve

• i was curious as to the contact info on the producer of this hood in the U.S. and wanted to know if you could provide that for us.

charlie...you said the sausages be ready in 5 min, 10 min. ago!

• c/f bonnet-alpina

i am sorry to say i wasnt able to get the companys name in the usa as all the contacts i have had were placed through their agent in london.

best regards steve

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!