changing the tape player!

• dear all,

i have recently purchased my 850CSI and am trying to install a new tape player (the old has had it's days!) i have managed to take the old one out but cannot seem to find the wiring of the speakers, can anyone help me locate these?

many thanx

fahim

• Wiring for Radio etc.

G'Day Mate

I think you'll find that they are in the boot. On the left hand side right up against the rear seats you will see a plastic screw. Undo this and a 'box' will come down. This contains the radio unit and the amp. Thats as far as I got for the investigation part.

I have been considering changing the radio and CD to a more up-to-date version. Can you give me some details as to how you got the old one out. Specifically, the trimming around the original

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Martin

• wiring of the radio e.t.c

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your reply... You are correct about the amp and the radio sender unit being behind the rear left seat.... Unfortunatley i got that far too but i dont know what wires conects to the speakers so i am still stuck!

As for insatlling a new head unit, this is very simple. First af all, you need to un clip the plastic facia on the stereo it self. Once you have removed this facia there will be a small screw on either side of the stereo which you need to open, you will need a small alan key for this. And finally once you have opened this screws you should be able to pull the stereo out! no need for removing any trims! if you need more info let me know!

i hope this is helpful...

regards,

fahim

• Radio wiring

G'Day Fahim

I think its the block with the white plug that comes out of the amp. As a basic rule it will be the group of wires that have coloured pairs. i.e. purple and purple/black line, green and green/red line. These pair up the positive and negative for each speaker. The difficulty is working out which pair go to which speaker. Taking the speaker out doesn't always help as there may be cross-over looms.

I'll have a look tonight to see if I have any further documentation on the radio

Thanks
    Martin

• This is the "Older" gen amplifier pin out

http://evansweb.info/article.php?story=2003012021585225

There is a newer amp and I will see if I can find that one too.

I think is in here under the Tips and Tricks section.

http://www.bmwtips.com/

Lot of stereo info there!!

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• How to test the amplifier?

I just bought a CD43 from ebay.de (brand new) and tore out the installed Clarion unit + CD changer for originality. During the previous installation the amp wiring has been redone and an separate amplifier has been put in under the dash.

Now before I correct the wiring to original, which is btw. actually working fine with the new CD43 unit, the amp needs to be checked.

Anyone have experience on how to best do it?

This 850i is build during January 1991.

And another question, is the amplifier really needed with this newer Business CD model?

Marko
    from Finland
    850i -91, 6 Speed manual

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!