Vines of Guildford

• First class - even if you dress down.

Tried them for a clutch replacement. Managed to get 10% off the price, by mentioning that Damon Hill's mob were doing it for £650. Price ended up being £810. Also, there was a problem getting the part so they called two days before to say it would be another week and to rebook the service. Much nicer than arriving on the morning to find out or calling them the night before to hear '. . . oh yeah, no that part hasn't arrived yet. '.

Also asked them to look at an oil leak that has been niggling me for years. Two other garages, BMW and independant, had a look and 'couldn't find it'. They spotted it straight away - one on the front cam chain cover ( very expesnive to replace ) and one on the top cam cover ( very cheap and easy ). They tightened the bolts on the front cam cover and this seems to have done the trick. They didn't have a gasket for the top cam cover otherwise they would have replaced that as well. Its on file for next time.

Finally, got the car back washed and vacummed and drove away very pleased. Had a bit of trouble getting away as the take up on the clutch had changed but very pleased with the level of service from them

Will be taking the 5-series in soon to see how they go with that one

Martin

• Vines of Guildford - STEER CLEAR

G'Day Guys

As an update to the Vines story I posted earlier I have a very sad story to tell of their subsequent handling of the beast.

Booked in to get the Rocker cover gasket replaced and the ABS/ASC-T sensor replaced.
    First problem - booking was not made but they assured that they could fit it in.
    Second problem - called at about 5:00pm to say it was going to be tight but I was already on the way to pick it up. When I arrived they said it would be ready alright but they wouldn't be able to do the sensor and I'd have to bring it back. Okay I thought. Finally got the car at 6:30pm and drove home. Car was running very rough and had no power at all, felt like it was running on one bank. Fortunately, I only live a fwe miles away so nursed it home, since the dealership was deserted by the time I left. Opened the hood to see whether something might have worked its way loose etc. and to my surprise I saw broken and missing bolts on the rocker cover and injector cover. :o
    Rang first thing next morning and arranged to to bring it back and spoke to the Service Manager etc. and assured it would be sorted out. Hire car for the day ( Z4 - not bad ), went back later to pick it up and as I drove in to the dealership the car was parked out front with the front splitter completely smashed up the middle. :o I was amazed !! :o Went in to talk to the manager and ask him whether he had seen the car. Yes, its out the front. Have you seen the front of it. No, why ? Well because its smashed. What ?!. :o:oops: So back in while they got the Body Shop to come and have a look. They would have to order the part and paint it etc. ( £1200 :oops: ) so that was another couple of days and a weekend. Hire car again ( 320i - boring ). Went back to collect and was told to take it for a good run in order for all the electronics to set themselves again since they were reset ( sounded dubious to me :? ). Basically, still running on one bank so back again to the shop. Left it for 10 days because I was on holidays and finally got it back in one piece and running as it was - if not a little better as they had to replace quite a few parts. :lol: Noting the fact as well that they broke the splitter again !!! :oops: However, I've had to fork out another £140 for new batteries as they never bothered to keep it on the charger and once the batteries run down there is no saving them.

Letter to the Dealership and BMW GB - as well as a few other motoring organisations going out soon.

So - BMW is the ultimate driving experience but the service is the ultime nightmare !!! Is it any wonder people who really care about there cars go to independants or do it themselves.

Happy driving
    Spike :twisted:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!