keyless remote problems on 840ci 95

• Having a problem with keyless entry remote on '95 840. After arming car with remote it would not disarm therefore could not start car. My mechanic tells me it's the key, which by the way costs $340.00 at BMW. I'm not sure if its the key or the alarm itself. Any way to verify the key and or the alarm prior to buying a new key only to find out its not the problem? Any help would be appreciated

• After seeing Canadian BMW parts prices I'm happy to live south of your border.

I just bought two remote keys and a plain key for $253 US at the local dealer!

Try using with the key pointed at the inside mirror from just outside the windshield glass. Range is a problem with some car/keys. Tinted side windows don't help.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Advice for door handles?

I don't mean to jump on your thread, but I do have a question that is relevant. I notice that sometimes my keyless entry requires me to press the button 5 or so times before it activates. Perhaps it is the tint as Terry has pointed out. It does get a bit annoying but I try to bear it. Also, is it just me or is there any body else have this problem? My driver door sometimes has a long delay when trying to open. Sometimes I have to pull it fast and hard to open. My passenger door is fine? Any diagnosis?

Thanks,

John

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!