Ci or CSi?

• I have the opportunity to finally purchase my 8. But I have a choice to make: I can either get an 850Ci or an 850CSi. The Ci has the 5-speed steptronic gearbox, while the CSi obviously has the 6-speed manual. Both are 1996 and both have around 140000 kilometers on the odometer.

But my problem is that I can't choose which car to buy. I read that the 850Ci has better gear ratios with its 5-speed steptronic gearbox, but I also read that the 850CSi has a bigger engine and the rear-axle kinematics (AHK).

I personally do not mind whether the transmission is automatic or manual (partly because the automatic is steptronic anyway).

So can anybody help me choose which car to buy? Does anybody have any opinions? Or does anyone have any extra information that would help me make a decision? Please?

Also: Does anyone know if the 5-speed steptronic gearbox has a 'sport' mode, and how to access it?

• CSi or Ci

I have been an automatic car driver for the last 15 years.

But I must say that since I bought my 850 i 6speed, I have truly enjoyed shifting my own gear.
    Next I would buy the CSi just because when one start enjoying nice accelerations, one wish he had 20% more power at his disposal.
    Of course that may means more $ for fuel...but then if you bought a car for economy, that wouldn't be it would it?
    If both cars were in the same conditions I would take the CSi for sure.

My 0.02ç

Le Transporteur.

Is the login system working???? I still can't log properly and stay logged in.

• Of course CSI. no need the question. But please check all yhe electronic units before you buy. Like AHK, EDC(if any), etc...

Deadholy

• CSi - Do it!

If you are definately going for a V12 then go for the best you can. What is the difference in price? Does colour/condition etc come into it?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!