Replacement wheels

• I have been offered a set of 4 no. 18" BBS RK wheels complete with almost new Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres for approx. US$400 off a BMW 540i.

I have a '92 850i and wonder whether these wheels will fit as is or require hubcentric rings. Anybody know the answer or where I might go to find out?

TIA

• wheels

before i got the 8 i had a 525 which had 18 inch alpinas reps, which i fitted to the 8 and no problems.
    my 5 was a e34 model and when i changed wheels to 19 inch i sold the alpinas to a guy with an e39 528 and no probs so i recon show him your money cause it sounds like youve got a good deal, should look nice on the 8

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Hiya,
    I should have asked if the wheels were the same width as well. Basically if the wheel widths are the same and the offsets are the same (and obviously the centre bore and number of studs) then no problems.

If the wheel widths are the same then I think the offsets can be a couple of mm off with no problems, otherwise you need need to makeup the difference with spacers (as long as you need to add positive offset (move the wheel out), negative offset ( move the wheel in ) required and your stuffed )

If the wheels are wider then the offsets need to be greater by half the extra width.

For example, say you have a wheel 100mm wide, the centreline of the wheel is therefore 50mm, if the hub is 60mm in from the inside of the wheel, the offset is 10mm. If you were to then add 10mm to the inside of the wheel, then the centerline will now be 55mm, (110 / 2 = 55 = increased by half the extra), the offset if it remained static would now be 20mm but it needs to be 15mm to keep the same amount of weight over the wheel bearing.

Not sure about you model but for the CSI the wheel offsets are 10mm for the front, 19mm for the rear (I think). When I put Alpinas on mine that were 12mm wider, my offsets had to increase by 6mm. The new wheels had offsets of 13mm front and 24 mm rear, so the front was short by 3mm and the rear was short by 1mm.

So far they seem ok.

If anyone wants to machine gun this explanation please go ahead because I haven't heard anyone else describe it like this. :)

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!