1994 850 Ci stolen from Cardiff 26th August 2004

• I'd agreed a valuation with them & they were quite literally drawing a cheque when it was recovered. So it's still mine. However, I have no idea what has happened to it in the last few weeks, nor what state it's in. I was told that there was a lot of 'rubbish' inside like cigarette butts etc. Plod are quite excited 'cos there might be enough to nail the thieves. On the other hand, it's just possible that some stupid scrote thought he'd got the deal of the decade & neglected to do the HPI check before he bought it of 'Honest John', and is now feeling stupid & broke. Not got a lot of sympathy either way, just hope there isn't too much damage. Either that or it's trashed beyond repair & I can just draw a line under the whole thing & move on. I'll hopefully get more idea next week.

• Go to see it last week. Hmmmm. Plod had to break in so there's glass everywhere. The dead-locks are unpickable, so in the absence of a key. that was the only way in. Ally's kerbed, virtually every panel scratched or scuffed but no dings, although the front bumper looks like it has been run into a pebble-dash wall. No idea what engine, gearbox, suspension etc. are like. Snooper pinched, and rear seat upholstery has been damaged by something with a sharp corner. Apart from that it looked pretty good I thought......albeit absoloutely filthy!! Now in body shop being fettled. Tune in for next week's exciting update......... :twisted:

• It never feels the same though, does it, after a car has been stolen, even if hasn't been damaged, it feels kinda dirty. These s**ts seem to have been as careless as possible without being downright vandals. I hope it can all be tidied up. Are the marks to the leather repairable?

Not much use having a tracker system if it can be stolen from the car!! I was planning to get one fitted. Come to think of it, how come the tracker system didn't lead plod straight to the car like the adverts would have us believe. I think I'll save my money.

Good luck though, I hope it can all be sorted out. What happens to the villains? Nothing more than a slap on the wrist I suspect. no doubt you will sue for damages.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!