1994 850 Ci stolen from Cardiff 26th August 2004

• Can I ask everyoen to keep a look-out for my beloved 850 which was lifted from my drive in Cardiff last night? My house was broken into, the keys stolen (together with wallet, mobile etc., idiot dog got fed some juicy tit-bits to shut him up, it worked) and the car driven away. Whilst plod are looking for it, if you guys are like me you'll notice any and every 8 you see, they might not.

Its a Mauritius blue 1994 850 Ci with silver-gey leather interior. 135 000 miles. It's a very unusual car, in that it has EDC & AHK fitted as standard with an auto-box. There is a small stub aerial on the rear roof left over from the ancient carphone installed when it was built. There is a small amount of paint blistering on the sun-roof and the near-side front wing by the wheel arch. There's a rear sun blind, switch on centre console. The near-side front brake air-duct grill is missing. There is a small, deep scratch over the nearside jacking point cover, it looks white. It has Goodyear F1's on the rear & Dunlops on the front, with BMW 18" cross-bolted alloys. The seats are CSi sports seats, and the leather on the drivers seat squab cushion outer bolster is loosing it's Connoly effect. All of this stuff was factory-fitted when the car was ordered. It's got the plate A18 POK (it was originally on an 'L' plate). And I love it to bits.
    :(
    It might get raced & wrecked. It might get torched. In which case that's just very tough shit indeed. Otherwise it's either going to turn up in a garage somewhere or on the side of the road with a 'for sale' sign on it at a ridiculous price because all the paperwork is missing including the fbmwsh, or get ringed. It might be a different colour by then. I don't know of any other rhd auto 850Ci's with CSi-style seats & AHK together with EDC (green illuminated switch next to the gear-shift). If you see it, or something that might be it, or an 850 that would do for it in your area that you've never noticed before & all the switches are on the centre console as above, please either call me (07973 113615 any time at all) or plod (that'll be 999). I'm not expecting miracles, and it still could turn up abandoned, but thanks for keeping your eyes peeled just in case. I'll be sure to post the outcome.

• stolen 850

sorry to here this all to familar story,hope you are re acquiented soon, next on my must do list----RENEW MY TRACKER MEMBERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!

eyes peeled in cornwall rgds steve parkes

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• POK,

so sorry to hear of your loss.

What a bastard act.

I notice the newspaper article about registering stolen cars from O/s in Melbourne. The article was written prior to new import laws that prevent anything newer than 15 years old from being imported so the prospect of it coming into Australia for resale as a going unit is quite remote.

There is a wrecker in Sydney that I class as 'of dubious nationality' who often has cars from Japan and other countries so I will keep an eye open there for you.

In all probability it will turn up locally. Fingers crossed
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Thanks guys, frightening numbersin that newspaper article, especially if you were the unlucky bugger who bought one in good faith........I guess realistically it could turn up anywhere with a RHD market, or obviously in little bits anywhere at all.
    I have to say I can't get over the support from you all, for which I'm incedibly grateful. And if I had my time again......doesn't a Tracker seem like a really, really, really good idea?

• Mate,
    just as a matter of curiosity waS THE code imobiliser activated? My 1994 model has one and I now use it even at home in my garage.

Any thoughts on their effectiveness?

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• 2nd pair of eyes here in Cornwall with Steve. If it hits the roads here, we'll know about it. Good luck

Aint it good to know that the 8 brings out the kind of commeradery that used to be between all motorists in my parents youth? Have you ever passed anyone in an 8 who hasn't waved back or flashed their headlights? Long may it last between us if no-one else.

I've put your mobile number on my phone, If i see it I'll call you while I'm following it.

Reg number, or part of it to help identify would be useful

Peter

• It's currently (!) on A18 POK, previously L437 XLP. And you're so right about the 'team spirit', it's so unusual & refreshing. Sadly, over a week down the line now, the statistical chances of it being abandomned & reocovered locally are all but gone. So thanks again one and all for keeping a watch, wherever you are.

• Guess what Plod found? A blue 850 still with my private plate on being driven around about 2 miles away. no idea what state it's in, only that the fuzz have had to break a window to get into it for forensics etc. I'll let you know what happens next............ :roll:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!