• Driving to Luton Airport last Friday, at 1.30 am I hit a piece of lorry tyre. I was only doing 50 (honest, guv, I was on cruise control, doing 50...don't know why, we never do that do we? road works limit on M4).

I swerved and braked to avoid it (some b*****d coming the other way had full beam on so I only saw it from about 20 metres away).

In the dark I could hardly see any damage. When I got back and saw it in daylight it seemed like just the underneath of the front bumper assembly.

Anyway, long story short and all that. It's a write off. Total front bumper assembly, rear bumper assembly, complete exhaust (both cats, heat shields, silencers ...original beemer stainless exhaust...everything damaged.) Steering strut, shock absorber....the list goes on. Bottom line nearly 9K.

Just so you know why my pictures may change soon.

Pete

• Al, I wish I could, but my buget doesnt run to that kind of money. I'd hate to see an otherwise perfectly good 8 go to the great scrap-heap in the sky, but I have no choice, financially, than to go with the Insurers decision, which admittedly hasn't been finalised yet.

Peter

• peter hello mate

sorry to hear your sad news, but if your not going to be buying it back from the insurers,then put a word in for me.

i am seriuosly interested, nice project for winter!!

let me know steve

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• :cry:
    Hi Peter

A sad day indeed to hear of your plight knowbody wants that to happen thank goodness no one was injured i hope Just thought i would give you a bit of moral support

• Got her back today. Front and rear bumper assemblies replaces, smashed collector box replaced and all fittings, inserts in front bumper. She looks a beaut. I treated her to a boot lid spoiler at the same time.

The exhaust will last a few years yet.

Alpina wheels next...or reversing sensors...or Sat nav...where do I start!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!