• dear collegues& 8 enthusiates

today i have received photos of the new c/f bonnet straight out of the press so to speak, not properly finished but a perfect replica of alpinas b12 bonnet.

so many people have inquired about the progress it's almost been too embrasing to reply given the lack of info from both agent & manufacturer but it would appear my patience has or is going to be payed off.

i appologise for the ineptitude to reproduce the image at this point but will endevour to show the finished image both before & after painting.

also in progress is a rear window spoiler / diffuser built in carbon fibre to my design (not to radical) , which i intend mounting to the car without painting , watch this space

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• 840 Power Up

Just finished test driving my 840 after doing a number on the mufflers.
    I figured that seeing the original system is still in place after 190000klms I would not have as much to lose as going for an aftermarket number that looks shiny, sounds shitty and costa a fortune to have installed with litle or no power gain.

I used an angle grinder to slice the tops off the rears and when I looked inside it was not a pretty sight. Kilos of pipes, bends and tow perforated baffles that slow the flow dramatically. After cutting away 95% of the unwanted scrap metal I welded the lids back on, a coat of matt black engine enamel and presto, the whole lot goes back same as factory fit.

While I dont have a dyno I can tell you it makes a worthwhile difference particularly mid to upper rev range.

The sound is quite acceptable from an 'exessive noise' level, doubt you would ever get in trouble. Sound wise not unpleasant but expected louder. I have another set to cut up soon and this time I will gut them completely using a joiner pipe to create a 'straight through the muffler'
    system. I will also perforate the joiner pipe and add some glass fibre to take the edge off as I would expect that going straight through will be substantially louder.

Hope it helps someone
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Gee whiz that's $2200 I can spend on something else. Better hope 'She who must be obeyed' doesnt find out or I'll lose it all!

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!