Beware of Non 8 owners posting in Classifieds

• Dear All,

I am here to ask for a really big favor from anyone who can help. I've bought some pieces off of a new member who had posted "Parting Out 1993 850 ci Many Good Parts Still" in the classifieds. Initially when I had contacted the person, fastfordsc, he was very friendly and responsive. I had requested for the complete headliner, pillars, trim, sunroof panel, and numerous other interior parts. He had requested to overnight the money order so he can take the parts off the car and ship them with in 10 days. I did as instructed. Since it was so many parts, there were multiple packages (not sure how many because I haven't received them all).

I had requested him him to provide me with the shipping info and tracking numbers so I can find out when I will receive the packages. E-mailing him back and forth 2-3 times a week, but still no shipping info. He'd sometimes reply when he felt like it, but never really answered my questions directly.

I finally received a package two and a half weeks later. I ended up having to pick it up from DHL because the driver never left a note saying he stopped by. I e-mailed him asking about the remaining parts and he assured me that the rest of it will come the following week. I did not receive anything the following week. In fact I received two more packages two weeks later. Again having to pick it up from DHL.

I still have not received my entire order. He received my money order on Oct. 2. It's been almost two months and it's been excuse after excuse or hardly responding to my e-mails. I have a suspicion he hadn't shipped the parts yet or even package them. How long would it take to package a headliner?

I believe I've been patient but where do I draw the final straw? How can I go about this diplomatically without becoming irate? I've paid in full so I expect better service. At this point I deserve a full refund! If I would have known this would have happened, I would have just bought the parts from the dealer. I thought I could have save some money. His advertisement and his initial treatment sounded promising at first. It's not that I'm complaining nor am I asking to ban this person from the forum, I'm just telling everyone to becareful. I do not want any 8 series owner to go through the same frustrations as I have been.

I would like to know if anybody knows this person, or if any one had any transaction with him. I have seen his ads on ebay as well, but since I didn't buy the items through ebay, I cannot report it nor leave a negative feedback.

Your comments are appreicated. If anyone can help me please e-mail me directly at rallytek@aol.com.

Thank you for all your support,

John P.

• It may just be taking time and whilst i understand your frustrations i suggest you wait a couple of weeks as these things i guess can take time.

I hope things work out soon and wish i could be of more assistance my friend.

• I have been contacted by others to check the roadfly posts. I am not making judgement on this individual, but just wanted to watch out for the 8 community! :D I feel it's bad business ethics for not keeping the customer informed on a timely basis and not being able to clearly explain the status of the order.

Regards,

John P.

• Zitat von Aaliyah724

I have been contacted by others to check the roadfly posts. I am not making judgement on this individual, but just wanted to watch out for the 8 community! :D I feel it's bad business ethics for not keeping the customer informed on a timely basis and not being able to clearly explain the status of the order.

Regards,

John P.

This is true but sometimes things can happen that are out of our control and i guess the benefit of the doubt has to be given.

Hope it gets sorted out.

Alex

• Thanks! I'll hope for the best.

John P.

• We FEEL your frustration..

Sorry you had to deal with Sean..(fastfordsc.. 1fastford).. I purchased the engine from that 93 850Ci and it arrived damaged (after weeks of trying to contact him).. over $1300 for the parts to repair.. not to mention the time involved (full tear down of the engine).. I was really hoping I could just replace my current engine with the purchased one.. oh well..

I hope you get your parts (undamaged).. and I hope you frequent the roadfly forum.. LOTS of great and knowledgable people there..

Good Luck!!

• Re: We FEEL your frustration..

Thanks for your input and encouragement. Sadly, I'm still waiting and e-mailing back and forth. It's been nearly 2 and a half months! How long did it take you?

Cheers,

John P.

Zitat von wdager

Sorry you had to deal with Sean..(fastfordsc.. 1fastford).. I purchased the engine from that 93 850Ci and it arrived damaged (after weeks of trying to contact him).. over $1300 for the parts to repair.. not to mention the time involved (full tear down of the engine).. I was really hoping I could just replace my current engine with the purchased one.. oh well..

I hope you get your parts (undamaged).. and I hope you frequent the roadfly forum.. LOTS of great and knowledgable people there..

Good Luck!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!