Replacing standard 16" wheels

• :?:
    I have standard 16" wheels on my 850, and need to replace the tyres. So might as well improve the look by upgrading to new 17" wheels. Problem is I have no idea about sizes etc. I like the look of Alpinas, but REAL ones are out of my budget. Are replicas worth looking at? Any help offered would be appreciated.

• you should be able to get a new set of reps in 17 inch for around£600,

i did see at the donnington show in october EURO CAR PARTS selling 18s in the new version ie smaller centre cap ALPINAS,.

ipreviously had replicas on my car,with no adverse effects, but when you consider the cost of new tyres,the £600-£700 outlay on new wheels & tyres makes thenew rims look very reasonable

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Thanks for this

The very best price I can get for 16" tyres is £520, as there is very little choice in that size now. So I am quite keen to get a better spec by spending a bit more to change the "old" look.

I assume that your comments about costs relate to replicas, as new originals must be much more than 600-700?

• If your after 17 Alpinas keep checking on eBay they come up fairly regulary and good cond ones would probably be in your budget. I managed to pick some ratty ones up for £431 and had them powder coated for £240, they then looked brand new. Just make sure you get the right offsets.

http://www.higgs.4dinternet.co.uk/Alpinas.HTML

I would stay clear of replicas (£700) because they really don't look very good, like they're made out of plastic or something.

Steve

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• I'd steer clear of second hand, reconditioned or re-coated alloys. The damage that can happen when one breaks doesn't bear thinking about.

Some of the bigger Halfords stores have some really nice alloys (and some really awful ones too). prices for 17 inch can be around £600 for 4 including tyres.

I'm saving for genuine 18 inch Alpinas, they look far better than any replicas I've seen. Another year I guess.

• Alpinas

I have tracked down and purchased a set of genuine and mint condition 17" Alpinas, exactly the correct size and part numbers for an 850, and I will have them on the car in a week or so.

Thanks for all the ideas. If I can figure out how I will post pics when all is well.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!