"other" topspeed limiter?!?HELP...Result w/chips

• Hi
    I have heard that there is another topspeed limiter under the speedometer or nearby that.
    Edit: I ment that models older than 1994...my car is 850 ci 1993

I have an Authority´s chips and they said that there is no topspeed limiter but I take dynometer test and oh s**t....there is still topspeed limiter
    Other result was good....there is more power and max torque is lower level etc.

Dynometer show that rear wheels was spinning 251 km/h and there was the limiter. rpm´s was above 5500 but under 5600

It need biggest gear to get best result with automatic gear´s...they said

I was in Dinan website and they told there that Dinan chips remove away topspeed limiter (except 850)??????

So is there other topspeed limiter or not....I want it away1

Help please!

• If your chip set has 3 chips, then the EML chip should have removed the only speed limiter in the electronics.

If there were only 2 chips for the ECUs then it didn't remove it.

That is the correct point that the limiter kicks in so I would presume that the chips you have didn't remove the limiter.

Did the chips give you the claimed HP gains?

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Heippa (means Hi)

There is only 2 chips.I have to contact to seller for that 3rd chip

Claimed horsepower didn´t show(45hp) but maybe 20-30hp gain and torque is much lower lewer (rpm3800-3900)and it is higher, maybe 20 nm....but again I don´t have numbers what are"just right" because topspeed limiter disturb with both runs, I mean stock chips and Authority performance engineering chips.

But I get that EML chip from somewhere and then I tell you right numbers

• The wokke2000 and hobifuchs chip sets from E-bay both seem to support their HP claims and have the EML chip to remove the limiter.

I have not heard complaints about either set

I have the wokke2000 chip in my 840 along with a Dinan transmission chip. 7000 rpm 1/2 shifts are pretty impressive.

They are Rumored to be Alpina B-12 chips (Alpina doesn't sell chips so don't ask them)

• Yet another limiter at 170 mph located in the fuel or throttle system. Not sure how it is not eliminated by the 3 chips, but aparently it is not. I think it is in the computer that controls the throttle by wire and it's synchronization.

I was reading about a car that had it's engine built up by I can't remember who, and they had taken it to a 7 mile oval track to see how fast it was going to go. They were hoping for 185 or so. It pulled strong to 170 and hit a wall.

So the chips yopu are speaking of only remove the 155 limiter, but unless you add 200 hp or so you wont run into the second one.

• Thanks for the replys guys...I am getting that EML chip somewhere (maybe from ebay but I have to wait what they say in Authority)...and I have to wait for the while that otherone

I WANT TO BE FAST....AND YEAH, HORSEPOWER IS BEAUTIFUL THING!

• Ok, topspeed limiter removed by 3rd chip from Hobifuchs

But there is always but

Stock chips there was 204Kw(277Hp)/5346RPM and torque 395Nm/4125 RPM (But limiter disturb littlebit)

Then Hobifuchs set of chips=197Kw(268Hp)/5649RPM and torque 412Nm/4682RPM ???????? 9hp less than stock and much higher RPM´s(but no Limiter)

then best result from Authoritys 2 DME chips and EML chip from Hobifuchs
    236Kw (321Hp)/ 5712 RPM and torque 417Nm / 4473 RPM!!!!!!!!!!

44Hp and 22Nm gain over stock chips!!!.....and there is no topspeed limiter anymore, it runs bottom of the speedometer; it means over 305Km/H

So I´m happy now

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!