Why are 8's so CHEAP sometimes?

• One thing I do not understand: sometimes you see an 8 in a magazine or on the Internet for a bargain price that's almost impossible...
    And sometimes you see one for a whole lot of money.

I think the 8 is one of the cars with the most price-differences of all.

But why?

Has it something to do with maintenance? I guess so... :roll:

BMW 8 Rocks! :twisted:

BMW 8: one of the best cars on this planet! :wink:

• Some of those you see on E-bay and Autotrader type sites are really Scams.

One of the guys on Roadfly actually bought his own car on E-bay to keep someone else from being scammed.

E-bay finally took it down 2 days after it closed. Then it showed up on Autotrader with the same pictures from a year before when he bought the car from a dealer and they left the ad up, VIN and all.

Their are bargains to be had out there though. The current "BlueBook" type pricing is way below what the dealers and enthusiasts are willing to sell for. Some private sales use them as Gospel though.

850CSi in LA for $25000 US lasted about 6 hours. Real car too! Should have gone for $40000+

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• I think that really is a bummer. The value of the 8 should be kept up. It's worth a bi price, because it's rare and beautiful. I'll NEVER sale my 8 though... :roll:

But I must agree; if a car is a driving scrapheap it shouldn't be worth a big price. So if an 8 isn't in good shape (it is already quite old) then it isn't worth aa big price.

But sometimes you see one for 'bout 6000K (Euro's).
    I still do not understand why these prices are so LOW...

• I agree with keeping them alive forever.

One day I told my Wife that I wanted to be Buried in my 840 when I die.

When she started to protest, I suggested that when she dies they could just open the passenger door and put her in the other seat!

My wish to be buried in the car nearly came true right then!!

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Haha!
    Burried in an 8 would be great, as it is the most beauitful BMW ever built. (If not the greatest car ever built...)

But all the people here love it, so not all of the 8's will get raped by people who can't afford it, eh? :wink:

• Roadflys E31 board is the biggest collection of Enthusiasts on line

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e31/

This place may come alive again someday. It ran pretty heavy for a while but then started having problems. I am one of the few regulars left.

If you speak/read German, then http://www.clubE31.de looks to have a pretty good following of Enthusiasts too.

None of the other boards E31 section has much traffic. http://www.bimmerforums.com 8 series section doesn't have a lot of traffic most of the time but it is easy to post pictures to make other BMW owners drool.

Yes, I live for 8 series forums!! But no I don't chat ever.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!