My new rieger frontspoiler

• Looks trick but wouldnt last 5 minutes around here. You would take 20 mm off the bottom every week.

Theo
    Like the wheels too

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Erwin hi,

where are you? I was born in Lochem 1949. My parents migrated in 51 and I have been back only once in 1976. Loved the place but kissed the Aussie ground when I got offf the plane.

Mine is 94 840. Red with Mtech Mirrors and rear bumper, M5 replica wheels and a home modded exhaust.

Compared to your roads ours are not as good because our counrty is so big. Same population as Holland but in a counrty not much smaller than the US so our Tax dollars are stretched beyond imagination. All that aside mine is 25 mm lower than stock so I need to watch out for my front spoiler too.

Cheers Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Dear Theo,

I come from The Hague but my parents come from Indonesia and my father was a KNIL soldier. You say that you have Mtech/CSI Mirrors. I want to buy the mirrors to but I can find it :cry: . I look in Germany, Engeland of course in Holland I can find it :evil: . Can you look for me in Australia and then I want sell it from you pleasss:D

Best Regards,

Erwin :D

• Erwin, on the subject of mirrors, i have in the last month read a post o n ROADFLY that a parts dealer by the name of DAVE BELKNAPP in the USA is still able to obtain these mirrors.

Maybe you could log on and do a searce on his name for more info.

good luck steve

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Erwin hi again,

the Mtech mirrors are still available from the BMW dealers. They were standard equipment on all post 96 models in Australia. As there were only 1700 or so e31 imported they would not have made an Australian spec and I would almost bet that the rest of the world had them right through to the last ones made.

Cost of these mirrors is ugly though (over $600 AUD). They do that sort of act on any Mtech and CSi type items to prevent people like you and I from having a 'look alike'. They feel it retains the 'image' and value of the "real thing: which I suppose works to a degree. They are even stupid enough to tell you "sorry, but if your car is not an Mtech car (identified by the VIN then we cant sell you an "M badge".

Post a fresh 'M Tech/CSI Mirrors wanted' on this site and also on Roadfly. I bought mine here from Tee (where are you Tristan, long time silent old buddy!) I have seen them here from time to time.

Be carefull of non genuine imitations. I believe there is someone in the US that does a Fibreglass replica but the reports are not good. I believe they come in non electric and not with the proper glass but if that suits you they could be a good cheap alternative.

Cheers
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Erwin hi again,

I am sure the other regulars would agree that you deserve congratulations for giving English your best try. I wish I could speak Hollandse half as well as you write English and I was born a bloody Dutchman!

Un fortunately I cannot make meaning of your last post but please try again and don't stop visiting because one (bloody Dutcman) couldn't understand you!

We regulars want you to come back over and over. OK?

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Erwin hi,

please don't be sorry for trying. We know you are doing your best and that is all we expect. Meanwhile lets stay in touch via the site so eveyone can enjoy the discussions but I do have your email address in my address book.

I emailed a guy who advertised a pair pf M Tech mirrors some 12 months ago but he has sold not only the mirrir but also the car.

Poor boy.

Have you tried the BMW Stealers for price and availability or are you trying for a little cheaper?

Regards Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!