New wheels & tyres

• I like wheels with a rim rather than those with none or where the 'spoke ''grow'' onto the rim area no matter how wide.

Glad to hear you have dropped it. Did mine recently and love the low look.
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• New wheels & tyres

Hi Theo, Does that mean you like 'em or they're a bag of shit ! ? I know what you mean about wheels,trouble with some of the rim/lips is they look like something off a 70's custom car.Took me months to find a wheel that looked "right".Not only is the lowered look loads better,the handling,firmness & ride has transformed the car.Gonna swap K&N filters over to stock (6 months old)filters to see if any differance this weekend.

• Hi there,

I am right in thinking that you are going to replace your standard filters?

If so a word of warning....

If you replace them with the same type i.e. element then that would be fine but if you are going to use the oil soaked ones then go here

http://bmwe32.student.utwente.nl/

and look under engine and then MAF trouble shooting...

I qoute
    "A well lubed K&N filter will deposit K&N oil on the MAF sensor wire and cause more of the wire to burn off at each shutdown, eventually destroying the sensor. Common consensus is to ditch the K&N and use the good ole paper filter."

Don't mean to scare anyone but it does kind of make scence...

Just my little bit....

Glad your pleased with your ride though....

• Les,

no i dont think they are a bag of S*%T. Thank the Gods we all have different tastes because otherwise we would all have one car, one color and it probably wouldnot vene be an 8!

Having grown up with the 70's'and 80'look I guess i'm influenced fairly strongly but more so the fact that wide rims are 'different' from most current tastes. There is a neat Y spoke available in 19 here but they look too much'the same'look for me.

Guess like many, Im a rebel and like to stand out from the masses hence I own an E31
    Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Les, just had another look at yours and I doo like the design. Clean look and would have them on mine if the rim was wider. take a look at Terry's and youl see what I mean
    theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• New wheels & tyres

Theo, I totally agree with you.Cant get Terrys pics up to have a good look but i remember from back along that they looked bloody nice,just cant get anything like that on these shores.I was in two minds weather to import some from the US,in a way i wish i had,maybe next year. Les

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!