• Hi guys,

I am new here in the web site, but I have been driving my csi since 98.

In the Middle East this car is not popular at all, the problem actually begins with the dealer and the car markets.....the dealer is asking alot for his labors charges and I have never bought any spare part with out ordering it.

They have the car file since 93 :shock: Since last year I've been having a problem with my rear axel (AHK) indicating (rear axel safe program)

The car was inspected three times and the dealer's answer is simple as to change the whole system. I asked them give me a diagram of the AHK relay at the back and they refused to. I tried to search various web sites to gather information about this problem but nothing was useful to my case (I even tried to active the system so the warning sign is gone but when I am turning above 120 the thing came back), no leaking no water damage in spare tire,if I keep trying to drive the car below 120 it work fine and no problem..this is really strange so fare acident free 160,000KM and my VIN # CC00141

I just wanted to add that I took out the AHK filters so the system is running now with direct Circuit, any ideas if this will affect the system…I am trying to locate AHK relay at back ..........sorry for my english :)

• AHK

thank for the web sites :D

the informations was really useful, I realize benefits of the system is not that much compared for it faller and servicing its easier to cancel the system so it will give me the chance to have a bigger rims.
    i wanted to add that filters are very expensive and they get dirty so quickly which will create less oil to pass through those filters. When the filters are dirty they will create more pressure on the power steering pump unit which eventually will cause the hydraulic lines to leek, in my opinion if I change the oil every 2 mounth (depent on the usage)with out using the filters it would be much cheaper and it will prevent the power steering pump to fail…….

So what do you think guys?

• Changing the oil more often is a good plan. I would maybe change it a couple of times in quick succession, maybe after 1500km then change the filters. Regarding the wider rims, ALPINA's are running 285 in the rear. But they had to modify the amount of rear steering steered. How they did this I'm not sure. But is a very simple procedure, the parts are included when you buy the rims.

Regards
    Carl

"The E31, the father of ALL modern BMWs"
    93 CSi Brilliant Rot

• CSi Rider

Where are you located? A friend mine is currently working in Saudi, he is a cretified car nut and a 8 driver.

regards
    carl

"The E31, the father of ALL modern BMWs"
    93 CSi Brilliant Rot

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!