sunroof motor

• Does anyone have any experience with replacing the sunroof motor??
    Mine is gone, it will open the sunroof "up" but it will not "slide" back, I have not yet called my dealer to see how much they are, but I did pull the trim piece down, and it looks pretty straight forward, just checking with my fellow 8 brotherin to see if there are any surprises...

Thanks

DMP

• I have a complete sunroof for parts if you need any. I cant help with any advice as I have not needed to remove or fit one

TheoHoffs
    Melbourne Club of Eights/
    Pieces of Eight Parts

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• I need a motor, or so I was told, I don't trust my dealer at all, half of the time I go there half off the staff comes out to look at my car, like they have never seen one.. The roof will "tilt" up just not "slide" back, what do you want for the motor? and how old is it?

Thank-you in advance

DMP

• I would be checking further b4 you invest in a new drive motor. Sounds like it is working if it opens the roof at all. Perhaps get yourself some small torx bits and get into it yourself.

My guess is that ist a mechanical parts thats jammed or broken. I suspect the motor does the initial opening and then the computer stops power flow to it because of a jam. Suspect it strongly. Similar happens on windows when they jam up.

Look carefully for the possible causes of a jam or binding and let me know what you need. The wreck is 94 but it has only 37,000klms

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• What would be the "red flag" to indicate a jam?? I agree though it makes sense that if the roof will "tilt" to the "up" position that the motor may not be bad... When I go to "open" the roof it will "drop down" like it is going to open, but goes no further, I am just scared at that point because I don't want it to get stuck open, as I am in Florida , where this time of year it rains a little every day.. Nonetheless thank-you very much for your help/advice on this matter, this is a great site that brings together good guys that have a passion for a great car.....Hope to hear back..

DMP

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!