Electrical Woes 92 850i need assistence fast

• :roll: while i was attempting to track down the reason why my 850i radio was not getting power, I had the console all torn apart i must have bumped or shorted a wire. :roll: My drivers side windows wont rollup or down,i have NO automatic door locks, my sun roof wont open, my passenger headlight won't lower or raise, my trunk wont open , :twisted: and my dam radio still dont work, can you please send me the fuse configuration and the config for the breakers that reside in the same box under the hood, also is there another fuse box else where :twisted: [/quote]

• Sounds like it may be one of the fuses in the boot(trunk) on the left side, probably a 10amp (red one). You can open the boot manually with the key.

My Guess

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• trunk refuse to open

i can not open the trunk, since the short or what ever happen the eletrical door locks that asisst the handle on the trunk, wont assist because of lack of power, also still need a schematic of the fuse block / breakers box under the hood

• Rocco,
    you can definitely open the boot with no power, if you look up at the base of your boot lid there is a key hole for opening the boot manually.

93 850 CSI

• opening stuborn boot lid

Yes indeed there is a key hole there and in most cases if not all it would open, but for some reason mine will not open unless there is power to asisst it. When you lock your drivers door does it not lock all doors,including the boot lid, and gas tank lid as well??? well my automatic (or ) electric locks are not opening or locking

• Hi Rocco,
    ok just to check your doing it properly, the key is inserted, turned, turned back to original position and then the key is pushed upwards to open the trunk, (not the normal trunk lever).

If that doesn't work then you may want to check your glove box is un-locked, I can't remeber if it overrides the manual trunk key release. It may not even be in effect because of the electrical problem.

:(
    Steve

93 850 CSI

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!