Need an AC Schnitzer Type 111 wheel in Southern UK

• Hi, just wondered if anybody knows where I can get hold of an AC Schnitzer Type 111 wheel please? I just bought an 840 with these wheels (posted pic in Showroom) and one of the wheels was found to be buckled when I took it in to have the wheels balanced as I had terrible wheel wobble at 60mph. Also found the front struts were knackered, so do you know of any good supplier for these too please?? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Dave.

• Can't help with the wheel,whats up with the struts, how many miles Etc ??

I replaced the inserts on mine with Alpina items,available from the Dealers , but i probably recon you'd be okay with something from H+R or Eibach, no doubt someone else will chip in to help soon .

let us know your progress

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Hi
    If it is the cartridge that is bad, Bilstien or BMW appear to be the only choices.

And here in the US only the whole strut assembly is available from BMW at a rather high cost .

So Bilstien was my choice.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Hi Steve, it's just the inserts need changing, they're weak, soft as sh*t and it handles like a boat! Which doesn't help when you also have a buckled wheel - quite scarey! :shock:

Thanks Terry, I'll go the Bilstienn route now then, thanks for your help. :D

• Hi Mr Schnitzer

Tough titties with the heads dude, do you really have to take the engine out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F**K ME

I'll see you soon no doubt SP

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Apparently if you do not want to have intimate relations with your oil filler cap and the rear water hoses or something are inaccesable then the engine pull is the only way to go.... The time it takes to get these off is longer with the engine in situ.... :evil:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!