Workshop Manual for my 840

• Anyone know where I can get a workshop manual for an 840 please? Preferrably a hardback version, not electronic. Thanks Dave.

• Central Letter Shop

Getting a printed publication is getting very difficult to find. Most Repair Manuals are only available in electronic or CD form: Central Lettershop - BMW

After 1993, BMW began abandoning paper-based repair manuals and moved towards CD or electronic-based manuals. The last paper-based repair manuals were issued in 1995.

The last E31 repair manual was produced November 1994. The M60 840 was included in this manual, however, the M62 engine stuff was consolidated with other 4.4L V8 engined cars. BMW has issued an updated CD repair manual for the E31 (see eBay), but it's basically the same manual that was last issued November 1994.

Last Friday the last manual was available for download on Roadfly: Friday Gift - Final BMW 8 Series Repair Manual. If you go through the thread, Warlock posted a link for the 132 meg download.

Good luck,

• Thanks for your very helpful and informative reply Jud. Looks like I will have to go the electronic route for this then, and let's hope it's better than most of the other makes of car that I've had! Thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!