Valuation 1994 850Ci

• Hi one and all. After nearly four years, the time has come for me and my 850Ci to go our separate ways, the temptation of a Z8 is proving too much and my head has been turned to the dark side. I am looking for thoughts, advice, (interest even!) in selling my current chariot. Mauritius Blue with Grey interior and 17" BBS alloys (original BMW extra). I've put 22000 miles on her in 4 years so there is now 141000. Full (yes completely) bmw service history. Originally ordered by a cardiologist in London, then a sfx company car for a couple of years, then mine. The unusual things about this car are that it came with EDC (both rear dampers replaced in my care) & Kinematic Rear Wheel Steering (replacement control unit last year), plus a rear sun blind, meaning that the only 'extra' not ordered on the original spec was heated seats although these are the 'Sport' versions. I've put Autothority engine management chips in (claimed 350 brake) which essentially means this is in effect an auto-CSi. New stainless steel custom exhaust from the manifold gaskets on down, rebuilt gearbox last year, new sunroof, 4 tyres with less than 1k miles on them, MOT for a year. New computer (pixel dropout drove me mad so I changed it) and a fab Alpine radio / CD although the original CD autochanger is still there its not wired into the current system. Seats work, climate control & air con works, windows work, lights work (both front buckets re-built & re-alaigned last year). I can't honestly say there's been no expense spared cos I can think of things I'd like to do if I kept it like the rear diff, though my wife & bank manager would not agree. I paid £12.5k for it in 2002 which was top dollar but it is such an unusual car I went for it. Its probably had twice that again spent on it over the last four years. I'd love for it to go to a good home, but I would also value some input as to the best way for that to happen and also a reralistic price to ask. This is not a 'concours' car, the interior and exterior have a few blemishes like stone chips on the front spoiler and bumper, and a couple of marks on the leather transmission tunnel cover in the rear (this car is used, driven & enjoyed!)but it is a very unusual 8 series and it's in very good condition with loads of extra bits and bobs and has been well looked after. Any thoughts?

• Z8

Well I dont know about curent value for youe eight. What is it worth to you? lol Mine is priceless.

However if youre thinking about buying a Z8 THEN READ ON

BMWin Finchley North LONDON have 5 for sale in their fleet all with low low low miles . I think theres one with just 800 miles etc and at crazy value for money prices. I saw one in their showroom back in July 2005 a black z8 with red leather and all the toys 3 year warranty for 52k

They also have loads of E39 M5'S in their stock all up for stupid money.
    How ABOUT A 2004 M5 WITH 1900 MILES FULLY LOADED FOR 33K OR A 2002 for 25k with 14000 miles. My understanding is they are trying to get rid of old stock for dirt cheap prices.

Oh yeah also loads of Z3M COUPE'S FOR SALE.tHE CHEAPEST ONE I SAW WAS 22K FOR A 2002 CAR WITH 18K ON THE CLOCK

• There's a reason. If you go down to the woods today.............been into the back of your local BMW dealer lately? If not you'll be surprised at what you see. Loads & loads of new (<3yrs old anyway) cars with their bonnetts up & laptops plugged into them. Not for diagnostics but to re-boot the cars. And at 'normal' labour rates with a 10-14 hour turnover time thats all well and good while the warranty holds, but when it's honest Joe Public who's picked up a 'bargain' bimmer and is presented with a nearly 4 figure bill for re-loading software, what price the second-hand value of the current generation of 3, 5, 6, and especially 7 series motors? Thats why they are going for a song. I wouldn't touch one with somebody elses barge pole. And I here some serious bad things about the current M5's air intake system melting (yes its plastic ) you heard right melting under 'strenuous' use (why else would you by an M5 Doh!) and BMW refusing to accept it may be a design issue. Obviously all those owners are microwaving them or something. I digress. A bargain in the car world is never, ebentually, a bargain.

• DONT SELL

Stick to your eight geeze believe me theres not much out there that can replace it. Not even the new M6.

Maybe faster and newer technology but just how much new technology do u want. The funny thing is when ever I pull next to a six series at the lights the driver tends to gaze at my car and is left at stand still when the lights turn green. LOL

Think of it this way it seems you have invested at alot of time effort and money on your eight. You know what it is and how it drives are you ever likely to find another 8 that will satisfy you as the one you own now.

I think 8 series are bargian buys now. What else can u get as fast, good looking, classy and iconic as the 8 for £10k or less. FORD MONDEO?? LOL

• Keep it POK, the only other car with equal desireability is an Aston db7 but they dont come at 8 series money!!!

Mine, will be handed down to the kids when i'm too old & stiff to get in!!! :D

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• I hear you Steve. If I could buy anything it would be an AS vanquish S, but there is no way I can afford that. Just love big GT's and an 8 is a affordable classic, so if you can stick to it.

Peter

• Yeah I know I know. Not impressed with 6, went to look when they came out & was amazed how little extra there was on my 8 despite 15 years or so of 'progress'. Vanquish is beyond my proce range, and I like to be able to reverse once in a while; they do sound awesome though. It is gonna have to go, that much is beyond negotiation, it's just the how really. Like I said I would really like it to go to a good home, :cry:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!