Battery Replacement

• Batteries were dead after winter storage (no trickle charger) so I'm looking for an aftermarket supplier in the US or Canada. I read in one letter that someone had found them made by Excel. I haven't seen a dealer locally in Canada. Any suggetioins??

Halifax, Canada

1995 840ci
    2001 Jeetta TDI
    2006 Porsche Cayenne TT (needed a sports car that'll push through 12 inches of snow)

• Sorry Wuffer but I was actually looking for replacement batteries although a battery minder would be a good idea for next winter. I'll try the Canadian Tire product. Thanks for the tip.

Halifax, Canada

1995 840ci
    2001 Jeetta TDI
    2006 Porsche Cayenne TT (needed a sports car that'll push through 12 inches of snow)

• Batteries

I'm in Halifax NS. I've made a few calls but haven't come up with anything. I'm not sure who carrires Interstate around here.

Once I do find replacements, do you have to do much tearing apart of the trunk to get the old ones out? How much did you have to pay (ball park)?

Thanks

Halifax, Canada

1995 840ci
    2001 Jeetta TDI

• Installation of new batteries is pretty simple. Have to remove both rear side panels in the trunk to access each battery. Right side will require removal of the CD changer (if equipped). If you dont drive the car in the winter would suggest the smallet (800cca ) battery available rather than the 1100cca units which are quite big and more spendy. Also make sure that you get and use the vent kits for the batteries. IIRC they were around $120 each for the smaller batteries which I have in both cars. While I do drive the #2 winter beater in the winter it doesnt get all that cold out here.

• Batteries

Thanks for all the info. The snow is almost all gone and I'm keen to get her out on the roal again. That's the bonus of winter storage, when you get them out in the spring it's like driving a new car every spring! Good feeling.

Anyway, thanks for the help

Halifax, Canada

1995 840ci
    2001 Jeetta TDI

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!