Oil Additives

• I was looking at the post on h-power loss, and took Terry's advice and went out and bought the Techron fuel system cleaner, just waiting to go through the rest of my gas (shouldn't be long) will keep everyone posted on that. Anyway was wondering if anyone had any experience with these "oil additives", I was watching the speed channel the other day, and they made it sound like the greatest thing ever, No it was not an infomercial, the product was called Restore....I am VERY VERY skeptical about using a product like this with no feedback.. Do any of you guys know of this product????

Thank-You In Advance

DMP

• Hi DMP,

After the post you mentioned I also wanted to follow Terry's advice, but Techron is nowhere to get here in Holland. There is a box of a couple of Techron bottles available on e-bay in the US, but I don't know if it's worth ordering. Then I came across a company who cleanes everything from your tank to engine to air intake for 180 Euro's. Which seems a lot of money. However, if it makes a big differnce....Right now I'm still looking for good additives for both gas as oil. Over here all we have is Wynn's. I've used it before bur there is not much of a difference. I guess I'll keep looking and maybe decide to let it all be cleaned.

Cheers,

Peter

• Hello Peter !!!

I paid $15US(one bottle) for the Thechron, let me see how it does, and maybe I can send you some, I have sent many packages to Italy, and know that it is CRAZY expensive to send over seas, but whatever it takes, if it works I want you to have some, your ebay quote sounds a little steep..

Thanks

DMP

• Hello DMP,

The 180 Euro's wasn't for the Techron bottles, it was for a complete system cleaning. Anyway, sending the bottles overseas is way to expensive. I might as well go through with the full system cleaning, but thanks for the offer anyway. I think there should be alternatives to Techron over here. I am still looking though. :lol:

Peter

• Hi everyone,

Today I was at a regular bmw meeting here in Holland. There were people there of Inter-ject, who do a complete system cleaning. As I was already thinking of doing such thing I decided to do it. I payed 150 euro's and they cleaned the tank, injectors, cats, lambda sensors.....well practically the whole system. I can't really tell the differences in terms of power, but now I do 1 litre less per 100 km and the throttle response is better. So I geuss it was worth. At least it's all clean now. They also measured the system pressure, fuel flow and checked the hoses. Good thing they did, because they found one about rip. As a service they replaced the hose, so I'm not setting my car on fire :) Conclusion, your not going to earn your money back, but if you want to do everything you can to make your 8 as good as possible the difference it makes is worth the money.

Peter

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!