• Hi guys,I wanna ask all of you the ability of changing the motor of any 8 series with the (all needed parts)one inside 630 comletely(258HP).Because I think that the motor of 630s' are very effective....If this would be possible ,I wanna know the total cost(especially in Germany)...Thanks...Enjoy your 8sss... :)

• Hi, I had a 630Ci delivered new in Sept 2005 ....although it was an ok car (not as nice as previous 2001 530I Sport to drive) the engine isn't anywhere near as good as the V8's or even V12's .

It's one of those engines that needs to be worked hard all the time , I got bored of it after 8,000 miles ....

An 8 needs the extra power ?

• I would imagine you would need the knowledge of a rocket scientist to get all of the engine management systems plugged into the 8 :shock:

Stick a turbo on it :D

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Do all of you agree on that the motor of 630s' can't carry the 8sss_?_?Isn't weight of the motor(V8/V12) the most important factor that makes the vehicle such a heavy one???So ,I think that the weight of the one in 630ss would be a nice one when replaced with a V8 or V12,becasuse I heard that the motor was too heavy in 8ss...
    By the way,I don't need the car accelerate 0-100km/h below 6 seconds;it would be enough for me to see that speed below 9 seconds....
    Thanks for your last messages....

• It's not the weight of the engine that makes the 8-series a heavy vehicle. Although it adds to the weight, it's the chassis and all the other bits, including fancy seats and reinforcements for the pillarless roof that make it heavy.

The E39, 5-series also had a v8 option and was not as heavy.

..and the V12 is one of the most compact and lightweight units of its kind.

An 830 was actually tried but found to be not powerful enough. But if you must, you may be able to get an M54 staright-six to physically fit under the bonnet, given that it was done with the M50, of similar size. However, the new 3 litre valvtronic engine (M56?) from the 630i will probably be too tall with the valvtronic head to fit under the 8-series low bonnet (notice how newer cars have higher bonnet and waist lines.)

Anyway, as was mentioned above, getting the engine to run would require some serious interfacing as nowadays, engine managment integrates with ABS, DCS, Automatic Transmision, onboard computer and all kinds of things.

• As for engine swapping, why not just buy a salvage V12 engine out of another 8-Series or even 7-Series. Out of the car there is no confined space. You could build your motor up to your specs and remove your stock one (and keep it.....just in case) and swap in the new V12. Direct fit and direct swap.

Depending upon your country, you could use EBAY to source an engine or a local salvage yard. I have a reputable German car mechanic in my town (he is from Germany BTW) who could handle the rebuild. Your milage may vary though. But, this is a common practice in the Japanese import car world and should work just as well for a BMW.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!