2006-08-20 - UK - Gaydon BMW meet

• I hope to be there. Dont know wether to bring the 8 or the E30 which I am trying to sell.

Can someone give me more info about the meet. I went 2 years ago . I hope that all 8ers talk and meet and go for a drink afterwards and make it a day. Last time everybody was too reserved. We should organise a drive/convoy from Gaydon to Birmingham.

• Its Ok for you guys who live in the midlands but most of us travel 300 plus miles to get there, but i'll be overnighting on sat in Lemington, then when its all done i've got a 5 hr drive home :(

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Wa hey, she's back up & running :D never thought it possible so will now be there in the 8, hopefully not courtesy of the AA.

Could be very embaresing :oops::oops::oops:

• How was it ? How many E31's made it ?
    It's already 12:26pm (the day after!) and no reports or photos :shock:

Mine wasn't back together, thought about coming up on the bike but weather wasn't clement enough. :cry:

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Well i personally was a little disapointed, the general organising was not as good as previously found, quite possibly not as many cars? definatly not as many stands/traders, the weather was ok though.

Several new owners this time, not that many old faces, 1x burger van for 2000 people? it could only happen at a BMW gig :!:

No photos from me but i know Peter Rice took some.

I was just happy to make there & back without any new problems :D

• I made it to Gaydon. A bit late - even though it was only 32 miles, but I got there.
    Didn't get off to a great start as a marshal insisted, despite my concerns, that I went the wrong way down a one-way and of course got stopped by an angry Gaydon official who obviously wasn't having a good day!
    Having said that, once I'd managed to park at least near to the Coupe section every E31 owner I saw and spoke to was really friendly and engendered a real club spirit. Thanks if that included anyone reading this and if you were there and I didn't speak to you it wasn't intentional - honest!
    I recognised Steve's(?) car from his new wheels and bonnet, but when I got round to go and say "Hi" I guess (from his posting) he was in a very long queue at the burger van!
    There was a good variety of 840's, 850's and Csi's to see.
    Things were looking up - at this stage I was glad I'd come.
    However, being just outside the protective coupe area tape barrier I was exposed to passers-by who weren't always so pleasant and after one quite elderly character dumped his bag on my boot lid so he could rummage for his sandwiches I wasn't filled with comradely feelings towards BMW people in general!
    By the time someone else had tried to sell me blue LED exterior styling "enhancements" for my wheel arches and I'd been told by a youth who looked about 14 that "It looks flash,yeah, but my mate's M3'd leave you sh***ing your pants at the lights" I began to wonder if this was how I wanted to spend a Sunday afternoon.
    When my wife called to ask if I could get back to help with something at home I didn't take much persuading and quietly left.
    So, am I Mr Miserable or just unlucky on this occasion?

• This was my first Gaydon, I was also dissapointed with the the lack of traders, but I was impressed with the overall turn out of 8's.

Thanks to all who I spoke to and gave me advice on the hunt for my beauty, (hopefully not too much longer).

Are there any other shows worth going to with such as high turn out of 8's?

I was given a flyer for the Santa Pod show on the 23rd Sep, is this worth a visit?

Wayne

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!