Tyre sizes for B12

• Anyone recall the correct tyre dimensions for the B12 coupe? My 840Ci is running on 18" B12 rims and I need to replace them when the car comes out of storage...

I seem to recall it's 235 front and 285 rear, but does anyone have full details? It's currently running on 275s at the rear - PZero Rosso all round, of which I can't say I'm a big fan. Might try some Yokohamas this time, if they come in the right size.

"Rommel" - 1999 BMW 840Ci(A) Sport Individual - Alpina wheels, Alcon brakes, ACS/Dinan suspension
    "The Beast" - 2005 BMW-Alpina B5 Touring #007 - Malachite Green

• Correct sizes as specified by BMW for 18" rims are:
    285/35 for the rears and 245/40 for the fronts.
    There is only 0.5% rolling circumference difference between front and rears.
    I have these sizes on my car and have no troubles of any kind.

• UK Zero,
    Same dimensions here for my 840ci, 18" as fitted by dealer, no issues.

Hythe,
    Anything I should worry with Pzero Rosso's? Am having the Rosso's all round for the Hartge 19" as part of full upgrade.........

Thanks, Ron

• Zitat von ron840ci

Hythe,
    Anything I should worry with Pzero Rosso's? Am having the Rosso's all round for the Hartge 19" as part of full upgrade.........

Thanks, Ron

I just find that they have incredibly stiff sidewalls - all very nice and precise, but with my ACS springs and the Dinan sway-bars, I find the thing hops about all over the place. I'm thus hoping to find a slightly more compliant set of tyres - otherwise, I'll have to re-think the spring/shock combination.

"Rommel" - 1999 BMW 840Ci(A) Sport Individual - Alpina wheels, Alcon brakes, ACS/Dinan suspension

• But thanks for confirming the tyre sizes, guys - certainly sounds right.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!