BMW 850CI STEPTRONIC

• I was browsing the american ebay and came accross a 1997 850ci with an auto steptronic gearbox.

I didnt even know that BMW made an 850ci with a steptronic gearbox.
    Now knowing that they DO its just put me off my 840ci sport with steptronic. wHY???

Because bigger is allways better is it not? LOL
    Can you imagine the preformance in the 850ci with the steptronic gearbox.
    Also I noticed that German spec BMW's and american spec are allways equiped with more extras like edc, traction rear sun blind electric steering colum etc. Uk spec cars are allways to a minimum.

Now Im very tempted to buy a similar car wether its a left hand drive or not. Does anyone have a 850ci with the steptronic gearbox?? Or anyone know where I can find one in the uk?? Im very tempted to buy one from the states.

I allways felt that a proper 8 series was an 8 with a V12 engine. After all the original car was offered with a V12 first. This is merely my opinion.
    The only reason why I was put off a v12 was because of the switchable gearbox. But I wouldnt say no to one with a steptronic gearbox.

• Thers a beut for sale in Osnabruke germany 96 model year 850 steptronic 88,000 lilometers 326 bhp in tabagoblau metalic 8)

eur 20,000, but the again ther are plenty of Csi's available for a bit more if you dont mind sitting on the wrong side :D

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• No V12 with Steptronic in the UK.

You can look hard but you wont find a UK spec one. The V12 Ci was only offered here in the UK until 1994 and with the M70 engine only. After mid 1994, the CSi (6sp manual only) was the only model that was offered with the V12, along side the 840Ci. The M73 engine was offered to the rest of the world mated with a steptronic box. Problem is that there was never a UK M73 8 series. If you wanted one, you could get one from mainland europe, but alas it'll be a left hooker. The other alternative would be to get hold of a transmission, shift interlink and gearbox ecu from a E38.

When I was buying my 8, I didnt want anything other than a V12. Theres nothing like the roar from the dirty dozon. MPG/performance isnt much different from the 840, but from what I understand the 840 handles better.

I bought one of the last 850Ci ever produced for the UK. Number 1008 from 1046 ever made - none of which are steptronic.

Good luck in your quest for a LHD steptronic 850 or conversion.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!