Battery Drain needs KBM Module

• My bmw 850ci has had a battery drain since I bought it, decieded this week totake it to the steelers and get it checked out. They have come back to me stating that they think its the KBM module and I cannot get one from another car as you eed to match it to the chassis number. Any one know about this kbm module what it does and are they right in saying that you cannot use another 8s module.
    The part number is: 62 11 8 362 362 @ £502.13 thought is was a bit expensive plus labour to fit.
    Got to save up to do this as need to change batteries also.

Any help much appreciated.

A merry christmas and properous new year to all.

• The part number you provided is actually the EKM and supercedes the old# 62 11 8 354 460. The part that bothers me is that the Dealer "thinks" that is what is wrong. So if it isnt the cause of your problem then what? Do you own a pretty new EKM and still have the same problem?
    Suggest that you go to my website and download the ETMDP pdf file and read section 6210 which explains the function of the EKM and all of the defect codes. Ask the dealer which code they got that leads them to believe the EKM is faulty.
    Go here: http://www.wuffer.net/page6.html and get the ETMDP Electrical Troublesjhooting Manual Diagnostic Procedures.
    Cheers!

• I currently have a problem with my batteries not holding thier charge. Fortunately the supplier agreed to change both batteries as they are still under warranty. However, I must first see an auto electrician, as when he did an alternator test, whilst the votage test came back as good the ripple read too big :? . What is this ripple check? Apparently on a good alternator it should read ok.

Rgds
    Paul.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!