• o.k then , was runing on low fuel last night, and she started trembling out of the sudden, thought it was some safty proccess of the engine to run on 4 cylinders , put some fuel started the babe got home, things seemed allright.............. but this morning again once it got to the natural temp of the engine...............felt like i was bearly gonna get to work , bad idling........
    reasons?

i´m broke, can´t go the steadlers :shock:

• bad idling

hello ziggy
    I never run on empty tank (that is in the red).
    You are most likely to pick up the dirt or water from the bottom of the petrol tank. the older the car/petrol tank the higher chance of dirt etc.
    However I don't know which model you have.
    I believe the older 840 (that is excluding the 4.4) had a problem with cylinder lining wash-out caused by, to say the least, poor manufacturing process and or exacerbated by poor petrol quality etc.
    Hence the BMW warrenty to replace some of these engines within 90,000 miles of production.
    Apparently if all of sudden, your car starts to idle poorly below 800rpm you need to worry.
    I so much hope your problem with poor idle is the simpler of the two evils.
    check out your fuel delivery and filter system; any ticking sound related to dirty petrol injector, etc.
    If so I presume you could either physically clean out the fuel delivery system or use some chemical additives in the petrol to help along the dirt away.
    A nice long run on the motorway at high revs and speeds may do the trick particularly with fuel line cleaning additives.
    Hey, don't burn out your engine though.
    Best wishes.
    Mat.
    Am I right everyone???

• 118000 miles, have recently changed one of the cats in ireland to a ´costomised´one that is smaller than the original, but definetly did the job, and today when lifted the other cat was making a noise upon a hit, the guys here in spain said it might be it but they aren´t sure(if i understood right), seems similar to the last problem but slightly different.................

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!