Valve Rattle

• Hi everyone.

I am after some guidance from the experts regarding my 850CSI.
    After a recent oil service at BMW(2weeks) i have noticed that my valves rattle for 1-2 seconds on start up from cold.
    I put this down to the cold weather as my car is not garaged, but it did it again this morning on a relatively mild day.
    I would like to think that BMW have put the wrong grade of oil or filter type in, but surely they would know better.
    It may be down to general wear and tear as it has covered 98,000 miles now, or it could be as serious as a worn oil pump or main bearings although the bearings are not rumbling.
    Could any one shed some light on the matter as i do not have the skills or equipment to diagnose the problem and will have to rely on BMW engineers.
    Thanks

• Funny enough we've just been talking about this on "Starting the 8 after standing for a week", on the second page.
    To me it seems to be related to the oil as i've had the same problem, but im no mechanic so im not to sure.BTW i put a thicker oil in which may not help.With mine (850i) it only happens for a split second but not every time. Going to change the oil soon so we'll see if that helps.
    Les

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!