CAR OF THE MONTH

• Hi guys.So I visited the Mintex xtreme web site.They have a gallery there and every month they pick and feature a car of the month.I registered and saw that japanese cars where mostly there.So I put some fotos of my car.Of curse the BMW 850 ladies and gentlemen is the CAR OF THE MONTH !!!

SITE NAME : http://www.xtremebrakes.com/

Register to view the galleries and youll see my 8.

May The 8 Be With You....

• Mmmm, yes or be a bit more carefull when pulling up. Thanks Steve, all is well. I've posted on my progress elsewhere on the site. I managed to get things straight again and only need a new front bumper and the front light units.

Cheers, Peter

• There is a new rule when we have a meeting Steve:

The Vice-Chairman is now on the front, so he can hit a less car than the 8!
    (Than the Chairman doesn't have a pain in the neck)

:lol::lol:

E31, the road to go!:winkwink:
    Dick
    President BMW Club E31 Nederland
    President BMW 8er Clubs International(B8CI)
    President Federatie Nederlandse BMW Clubs(FNBC)
    President BMW Auto Clubs Nederland(BACN)

• Haha, but you didn't have the latest bills yet !!!!! 8)

Dick

• Luckely it was my second 8 Steve, with my first I had to sit down and cry.
    :lol:

Dick

• Mate i know how you feel :x

Only this morning whilst working in the Garage a 1.5 mtr lenght of worktop [werkplette?] fell against my front wing of the car :twisted: after vertually every swear & curse i could render I'm still left with 1 dented front wing :evil: I am now very very sad :cry::cry::lol: but hey ho it's only money thats needed to fix it :wink:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Wow, you can't put a sticker on it? (I'll send you one of our club if you have used the other ones) :?:P

You're right, it's very sad, but you can drive the car still, mine was with a little problem, but I coudn't, so you had the better deal. 8)

I was by the way this weekend at the German meeting 2007 in Kaiserslautern, was a nice meeting I must say, lot's of cars, at least 50, they had a special tisch for the 840-drivers:

harharhar!!!
    (hope you feel better now!

Dick

• Oh My God :shock: And here was me thinking the Germans were a Classless Society , & then they go & spoil it by having 840/850 Buffet tables :shock::?:?

There must be a logical Germanic reason for this :wink:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• In the US it used to be "The red headed Step Child" thing. Obviously not really belonging to the family but we have to share the name--dammit!!

Now they are a bit more Politically Correct to 840 owners but sometimes not much :(

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• I'll think that they didn't know that a 840 also can be upgrade with a supercharger, in that case they are wrong to seperate the types! :lol::lol:

But you must say, it's humoristic, they let the 840 drivers to eat first(of there own table was the plan, but of course they walk to our tables and we had the leftovers!) :wink:

Dick

• And Terry, we in the Netherlands do not make a difference between 840 and 850(you can also only tell when you open the hood, so we haven't to explain to every bystander when the rest of the motor is :lol::lol::lol::lol: )

Dick

• It is just an ongoing fun feud between them so named 1/1 and 2/3 E31 drivers.
    It was taken as intended - with great humour.
    The proper engine for the 8 series remains the V12 - the better one... well ;)

Farin

• I spent months deciding exactly what I wanted as my 8er. I stared at pictures and lurked in every discussion that I could find. Test drove a couple of 850s and then decided that I wanted an Arkticsilber 840. It had common parts with my E32 740 and I knew how it would perform in comparison to the 850s.

So here I am a 4 year 840 owner and I still don't want or need an 850 to drive.

If I want to watch people playing catch up I take an 850i owner for a ride. One freeway entrance ramp and they are trying to figure how much money it is going to cost them to make their 850 run like that :D And I don't even have a supercharger :( 7000 RPM shifts in a Wokke chipped 840 with 3.64:1 gears is fairly impressive :D The high flow AFM air straightener adds a bit to the sound effects as well as adding an additional few horsepower. Gets them every time :D

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!