Wanted: Number plate mount for CSi front bumper

• I need the part that is used to mount the number plate with the CSi lower front bumper. Either the standard Euro part or some other way of mounting a UK plate without being too illegal ;)

• Have you recently fitted a Csi front & are alarmed at the cost of the Csi part :?:

I was when fitting mine so much so that i altered the stock 840ci part to fit the lower Csi spoiler :D

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Close... I have bought the CSi lower but didn't get the number plate part. I haven't yet got the lower bumper painted, and I want to get all the bits needed so I don't need two trips to the body shop.

And yes the price for the BMW part is absolutely stupid, it's just a piece of moulded plastic! Can you show me some photos of your set-up so I can decide if that's the best option for me?

To be honest I think it looks best with no front number plate at all, but I'd last all of about two days driving like that here :oops:

• I've tried to take a couple of photo's but with it being black plastic against Dark Green body colour nothing much is showing up in detail :?

However, all that needs to be done to save spending £200+ is scribe your original plate mounting to the Csi spoiler profile, then shape it carefully with a Dremel /jigsaw type tool. :D & not that difficult :wink:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• I have a used (stripped of paint) Csi number plate mount available.

If you check the new price from the stealer and would like to make me an equitable offer please email me (tjhoffs@ozemail.com.au). I reckon about one third of new is a good deal seeing they aren't that plentifull.

Cheers

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Hi Theo

Thanks for the offer, but I am first going to try Steve's suggestion of reshaping my existing mount. I am probably going to take the car into the bodyshop on Monday so I'll see how it goes then.

And yes, the dealer price is almost certainly insane. The US price is around $300, which at the current exchange rate would be around £150. However it's well known that our dealers ignore silly things like that so I'd expect our price to be closer to £250, despite the fact that we're around one fifth of the distance from Germany where the parts originate :shock:. I didn't bother phoning up to ask the price, it's a waste of time.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!