840Ci Wide Body

• Thanks to all

Sometimes I get a little flack from some of the posters on some site, but that is expected. Most are from those who don't even know about the 8 or own one. It's very nice to read some of the comments here as well as on RF. Good, bad or opinionated. They are all taken at face value and with no offence. Granted my car is not for the purest. It is for myself. I was a purest during my earlier days and it drove me crazy looking for that one and only OEM part that know one else had. My first project was in 1963 with a 1957 Chev Belair. In 1977 it sold for $18,500.

I guess I went crazy with this car, but then you have to be to take an 8 under the knife. I read where they wrote that I spent 32K on this car which is incorrect. It was just over 20K, still a lot of money. Without sponsorship from S&W Auto Body 6K paint job plus much more work done it would have been more. The expense was over a 15 months build period.

I have been modifying cars for longer than I can remember and still get excited every time I start a new project. It’s what I do for personal enjoyment besides traveling and enjoying life’s pleasures.

Some may ask what happens to them when I am done. Well my 3 son’s are the beneficiaries on my projects with the exception of this one. They will have to tear it from my hands when I am gone.

I have to say that like it or modifying is something that many have thought about doing to their 8 but have never taken the next step. I get many e-mails for 8ers and questions which I always try to answer including sending pictures of the build project. All request are answered. However I must add that if this was a CSI I would have not modified it…..welllllll maybe a little-little bit. :lol:

Thanks guys for the kind comments

Fern

• I wish my father was into modding cars...or tropical photoshoots with loose women.. :lol:8)

Frix

(Another) 1997 Velvet Blue 840Ci Sport...with a Greek attitude to driving!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!