Front vs Rear Tire Sizes.. Why the need to be different?

• I Don't think Fi cars are a good comparision ,As Peter states the larger tyres create a much larger rolling circumference, so our 8's :?: guys just don't worry what the 8 series Police say,it's your car, & yours to do with what you want :!: , personally i like 19's :D [uber cool 8) ]

I bought my car with 16's on ,they had to go, then alpina 18's but when i lowered the suspension they somehow didn't look right, 19's & lowered suspension= Verrrrrryyyyy Niiiiiicccccceeeeee :D

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von stevep840

I Don't think Fi cars are a good comparision ,As Peter states the larger tyres create a much larger rolling circumference, so our 8's :?: guys just don't worry what the 8 series Police say,it's your car, & yours to do with what you want :!: , personally i like 19's :D [uber cool 8) ]

I bought my car with 16's on ,they had to go, then alpina 18's but when i lowered the suspension they somehow didn't look right, 19's & lowered suspension= Verrrrrryyyyy Niiiiiicccccceeeeee :D

The rolling circumference stays or should stay the same. As you go up in wheel diameter, the profile of the tyre should become lower to compensate.

As I said, larger diameter rims are a matter of personal taste and fashion, but there are few technical benefits to increase the rim size to 18", 19" or greater.

• just to share...

i was just at the bmw dealership and there was a new 6 waiting to be serviced... it had 22" rims... i can't remember the rest of the specs but here's a picture from my phone (poor quality).

i think it had 5" lips. crazy!

• Peronally i think it looks w**k when the tyres dont come flush with the rim. Not my cup of cha for sure. NOR IS THIS FRIGGIN WEATHER :!: ...WHENS IT GONNA STOP RAINING :!::!::!::cry:

• Just an update (I have posted this on a different thread as well).

I found a set of staggered AUTHENTIC M Parallels for $950! The owner had them on his 750 at one point before he switched to larger rims. They looked great physically, let's hope they fit and perform with no problems.

I am currently waiting for Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S to arrive at my local tire center and hopefully I will have pictures up before Thanksgiving!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and opinions!

My 1995 BMW 840Ci
    Authentic M Parallels, Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S, ACS-style aluminum pedals and more to come...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!