• Reluctantly selling my beloved 8

97 840 Sport Auto in Velvet Blue
    Full Individual Options Package
    Every conceivable option
    18" Deep Dish Original Alpina Wheels
    3.15:1 LSD upgrade
    PIAA Xtreme Force Lighting Upgrade
    Full Factory Fitted Euro Sport M-Technic Body Kit

Photos available on this website at http://www.clube31.net/forum/album_personal.php?user_id=230

Apart from that is is totally stock with original First Aid kit unopened etc.

I have had the car now for 3 years it has been BMW Main Dealer serviced from new. It is still a real pleasure to drive and own and turns heads daily.

I promised my wife I would sell it at 100k miles and buy something more practical which we can put the children in ! It will break my heart to see it go.

The car comes complete with Full Service History & 12 months MOT.

Small cosmetic issues:-

1) As with any car of this age, the paintwork shows signs of wear and tear. There are a couple of minor cosmetic scratches and stone chips on nose cone which a nose cone respray will fix. (This is seen in most 8 series due to shape and aerodynamics at front of the car)

2) The wheels were £4K new about 4 years ago (without the 4 x Z Rated low profile Continental tyres @ £140 each) They have light scuffing / curbing (tut tut) and could do with a refurb. I have had a quote of £70 per wheel to have the shotblasted, ground and powder coated professionally.

I have the car advertised elsewhere for c£10k and have been offered £9k by dealer for trade in. However I would like to see the car in the hands of an enthusiast and someone who will get as much joy out of it as I have had. I want to see the smile on your face as you drive it way. I can still remember myslef smiling for a full day having just bought it !

I live near Glasgow Airport and welcome any inspection.

Email urbun@hotmail.com or call 0790 382 1874

Happy to answer any question

Cheers,

Ian

• Hi Ian

The car looks very nice, and you're not too far from me. Unfortunately as with so many of these 840s it has the wrong gearbox for me, it's all about the interactive driving experience so manual is the only option. Otherwise I'd be very interested, it certainly looks better specced than my 840. If only they had produced more than 57 RHD 6sp 840s I'd have more to choose from! Saying that I do very much enjoy driving mine.

Good luck with the sale :)

Paul.

• I love the Steptronic gearbox and the way it learns and adapts to my driving style.
    In my humble opinion, it is one of thebest gearboxes I have ever used.
    Smooth in town, responsive when overtaking and good on motorway when cruising
    Ian

• Horses for courses. Personally I hate torque converters due to the non-linear effect it has on the throttle to driven wheels link. Having a direct link between revs and speed in any given gear makes the car more controllable and predictable on the limit. Add to that you can get into the right gear before entering a bend (something automatics will never do unless they adopt some kind of video processing that reads the road ahead) and a manual is much more suited to fast driving on twisty roads.

I have no doubt that the steptronic is one of the best available automatics, but it's still a completely different kettle of fish to a good manual, which is why I travelled an 800 mile round trip to get my 6-speed 840. It's all about individual preference, and maybe it's partly because I'm in my mid-20s but I don't see myself buying an automatic car any time soon. SMG maybe, as it's a manual gearbox with clutch underneath, but even that I'm undecided towards until I try one.

Once again, good luck with the sale. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there looking for a well cared for 8 with an auto gearbox.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!