Can Anyone Recommend Someone To Clean / Waxoyl The......

• Can Anyone Recommend Someone To Clean / Waxoyl / Protect etc The......Underside of my 8?

She's looking a bit untidy underneath and could do with some tidying up after many years of UK road use.

I'm based on the Hampshire - Surrey borders

Had One For A While Now Really !

'96 BMW 850CSi
    '11 MV Agusta Brutale 1090rr
    '89 Ducati Indiana 750
    '83 Suzuki GR650

• I normally do this myself. Not too difficult if you have a jet wash/powerwasher at home. I lift one side of the car as high as possible and remove the 2 lifted wheels. Jet wash everything you can get to laying on the floor beside the car. Refit the wheels and repeat for the other side.

Take the car for a short drive to dry it off then with a couple of aerosol cans of Waxoyl or similar, jack it up, support it on stands and crawling underneath, spray around under the arches and around the fuel/brake pipes and floor. Not too close to the exhaust though.

Job done.

• Helps to do it on a hot summer day, as this thins the wax and speeds drying. Also, works much better with a small air-compressor and spray gun (about £100). You can then dilute the waxoyl a bit with white spirit and get a very fine mist/coat which gets everywhere into hard to reach places. A face mask is also useful. I find that the aerosol sprays tend to produce thick, gloopy coats and work out relatively expensive.

However, before you apply the wax, its best to wash and treat and rusty bits first, as after it's waxoyled you'll have a hard time making the paint stick.

• Waxoyling....

Sound advise, I'll roll my sleeves up and get going.....

Thanks.

Had One For A While Now Really !

'96 BMW 850CSi
    '11 MV Agusta Brutale 1090rr
    '89 Ducati Indiana 750
    '83 Suzuki GR650

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!