CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

• CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. 0

1. ENHANCED CSi (0) 0%
    2. AP RACING (0) 0%

Following on from a previous thread concerning the validity of big brake kits, I received a challenge from my good friend and fellow 8 owner stevep840 as shown below.

stevep840 wrote;

Like to put that to the test Buddy

I was pissed off with the standard set up, to prove my point jump in something a bit newer ,take it for a drive then get back in the 8, the brakes seem almost dangerous after sampling something more to modern day standards, hence my choice of a AP Racing set up.

They are a different class from anything BMW. Even new M3/M5 owners fit AP brakes, as Quick as my Blown 8 is I like the feel of the uprated brakes even more.

Gerry choose a track & we'll do a test.

8Tech replies;

I accept your friendly challenge Steve. I stand by my statements in the previous postings. I think it would be a great test to compare my 14.5" floating discs with 4 pot calipers on my CSi, drilled, plated and with stainless hoses against your AP Racing set-up on an 840.

I only ever give my honest opinions here on the board so it would be great to have an independant test. I believe you may well have a better pedal "feel" but that will depend on the condition of your old brakes, I question whether your braking distances have been improved.

Maybe we could arrange an independant test at Gaydon 2008 with all the major magazines having representations there and also the Aston Martin test track. My prediction is we will have virtually identical stopping distances with me having the disadvantage of the heavier car.

Before the track challenge though I need to finish fitting this, and this, here, behind here, or I will be pushing my car round. He he.

Cheers my friend,

8Tech.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!