Changing CD head unit etc

• Looks interesting, how is the "feel" of this unit? Does it feel like a quality item? any issues with any of the systems? The reason for asking is that I previously had a non-name made in China unit in another car (nothing like your one), on the box it offered loads but the delivery was pretty poor.
    Cheers

• The "feel" of this unit is as good as I expected for the money I paid.
    I paid USD$450 here in Taiwan for the basic unit function like DVD, GPS with software(not iGO) , Analog TV, Bluetooth hand free kit, USB, SD CARD, Radio. And another USD$300 for Digital TV with remote, Reverse Camera and labor for all things installed. All the function i mention here is working flawlessly. I can even use the car unit to control my media player of Nokia N95 via bluetooth.
    With all the gadget I got, I am more than happy now! which make me want to drive the 8 as much as possible.
    But if you are very picky in everyway, the unit is not perfect yet.
    Occasionally when I turn off the ignition key it will turn on by itself and turn off again when it is already in off mode. And the user interface graphic and letters is not my taste also. I wish I can find a way to change it.

Other than that, it is a good unit with quality build AND the possibility of the CAR PC can do since it is base on the WINCE5.0.

Regards,
    Kuan

PS. Did I mention the Unit's red lighting match the BMW interior lighting? It is the main reason I choose this unit. None of the name brand has all the function and with red light. :)

• Becker Cascade

Hi

Anybody installed the Becker Cascade unit in it's 8 ? What is your opinion?

http://www.mybecker.com/enDE/C…ascade+7944-Overview.html

http://www.mybecker.com/enDE/C…de+Pro+7941-Overview.html

And clearly, what can one do with the 7941 Pro and it's "SIM ACCESS PROFILE" that the 7944 cannot do without it? They both have the Bluetooth technology ! :dontknow:
    I read that one can choose different phone tones with the 7941 Pro, OK. Is transferring datas from the mobile phone to the address book of the 7944 also possible ? (more difficult ?)

I probably won't use the "W@P" system wihch is only on the 7941 Pro and the only other difference I found was the "SIM ACCESS PROFILE". Can anybody clear me up on this one.

Thanks for your opinion / experience.

Mike :driver:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!