CD Player Not Working

• My CD player stopped working recently, I put the magazine into the unit in the trunk, it loads the disk like always, but then when you get in and hit "band"
    to get to "CD" mode it just skips past, to AM or FM. no CD Mode at all,

Hopefully one of you guys has some insight on this problem, as I am at wits end :banghead:

Thank-you in advance

DMP

• A while ago I had a problem not recognising CDs and after much education and deciding to replace it, I then found out that I could not easily as they do not make them the same as mine anymore.

So I took it off the car and took it to an electronic/car hi-fi dealer who took it apart and cleaned it....this was a last resort but thankfully it has been perfect ever since (I hope I am not speaking too soon).
    Total cost of cleaning was £10.

Probably worth a professional cleaning as a first action.

Hope this helps.

• Hello DMP,
    pls let us know about your setup.

In case you run a Professional C head unit (2 bricks, one in the trunk) and the "standard" 6x CD changer you may face a deceased CD-interface which hides as a 4x4 box somewhere close to the changer and also attaches to the control unit in the comms flap on the left side.
    There might also be an inline fuse underneath the changer.

Those CD interfaces are no longer in production and quite hard to come by used but can be fixed by knowledgeable electronics guys.

If you run a Business RDS or a 3rd party head unit check the wiring and also the inline fuse(s).

Regards
    Reinhard

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!